Buying a House

The cats have some great options for viewing the outdoors. I will hang some flower baskets and bird feeders/houses to help keep them entertained.
Bratt waiting for the sun to come up
E90A57ED-6828-4D76-B72C-023029B7AFC8.jpeg

Checking out the front view
4936F771-FDAA-405C-BF30-82C046E2D7FE.jpeg

That's your backyard! It's frickin' gorgeous! Is that a cliff behind the rocks?
No cliff...it levels off, the drops a bit and a house is on the other side.

I went walking early this morning. My house is on a cul de sac and the two adjoining streets are culs de sac as well. On one, behind the houses, is the lake with a beautiful waterfall. Across the way is a small white gazebo. I wanted to take pictures but felt weird because technically I’d be taking pictures of people’s backyards. Not sure they’d appreciate that but I’m sure I will do it at some point. 😃

I went walking early this morning. My house is on a cul de sac and the two adjoining streets are culs de sac as well. On one, behind the houses, is the lake with a beautiful waterfall. Across the way is a small white gazebo. I wanted to take pictures but felt weird because technically I’d be taking pictures of people’s backyards. Not sure they’d appreciate that but I’m sure I will do it at some point. 😃
How exciting! Can you access the lake, or is it landlocked by private property?

How exciting! Can you access the lake, or is it landlocked by private property?
I don’t think I can. I can see it, too from my dining room window. I don’t see that there’s an entrance. Pretty sure it is private.

Congratulations on your new house! Is it in the same area as your old house or somewhere else? Do you think you’ll get wildlife coming around? I know how much you enjoyed seeing the deer at your old house.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Congratulations on your new house! Is it in the same area as your old house or somewhere else? Do you think you’ll get wildlife coming around? I know how much you enjoyed seeing the deer at your old house.
Thank you! No it’s about an hour and a half from where I used to live but only six minutes from the grandkids now! I’m not sure about the wildlife. It doesn’t seem deer friendly. Lots of wooded areas but they have steep drop offs/cliffs. Definitely lots of birds 🦅 🦢 squirrels 🐿 and chipmunks. 🐿

Reactions: Chryssie
Absolutely gorgeous! That's a walk from your house? :smitten:
Yes...it’s pretty nice. I’m sure the time of year helps with the blossoming trees and flowers.

Thanks everyone.

Reactions: PTree15
That looks gorgeous. How would you compare the area to your former home ?
I think it’s comparable. Although houses are more expensive where I was. It’s the lake here that makes it seem more appealing. But house/neighborhood wise it’s very similar. There’s a definite mix of nice/nicer/nicest homes.

I think it’s comparable. Although houses are more expensive where I was. It’s the lake here that makes it seem more appealing. But house/neighborhood wise it’s very similar. There’s a definite mix of nice/nicer/nicest homes.

Looking forward to seeing some more pix. Lakes do make everything more appealing.