Buying a House

I’m better today. I made my first call to a home inspector that I found via a Facebook group from the town I’m moving to. It was amazing. His wife answered the phone, as she handles the behind the scenes scheduling etc., and their services are so comprehensive, they will contact both well and septic inspectors. So that is two less phone calls I have to make, LOL. We are all set for 9 am next Wednesday. I’m pretty excited but also not allowing myself to be over confident because I don’t want to be disappointed should something major turn up that will need fixing.

It's always people that make the difference.

Reactions: KLS52
I’m better today. I made my first call to a home inspector that I found via a Facebook group from the town I’m moving to. It was amazing. His wife answered the phone, as she handles the behind the scenes scheduling etc., and their services are so comprehensive, they will contact both well and septic inspectors. So that is two less phone calls I have to make, LOL. We are all set for 9 am next Wednesday. I’m pretty excited but also not allowing myself to be over confident because I don’t want to be disappointed should something major turn up that will need fixing.
Did YOU find a house? :hug:

Reactions: KLS52
I don’t know. I had a melt down yesterday. It wasn’t pretty. I had to lock myself in the bathroom with my three cats because I have “no where to go” to hide. lol. Bratt was the cutest though. He was very distressed with my sobs and was very empathetic! It was so sweet. Made me feel better! 😻😻😻
ЪЪЪЪЪ!!!🥺 I wish i could be there to say something to you, so you could feel better, and to give you a hug, so you could feel not so lonely in your endless efforts for finding a house...:hug: You sound so stressed out lately...:sadnod: At least your kitties were with you when you were feeling bad. (When we had kitties, i actually was doing the same thing, as only cats could understand my sorrow).
I hope everything works out for you ASAP, and you feel better soon. Unghshu can't pray to orthodox saints, but at least i can beg Sumerian gods to predetermine a positive outcome of your ordeal. They never refuse.:angel:

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I want to put up a fence on the side of the new house that borders the neighbor but son thinks it’s rude. Like it’s not neighborly. I want to do something like this...son says it’s a bad idea and insulting to the neighbors. :(

I’m not necessarily going to listen to him. But I hate that he put that idea in my head.

C31B8D74-12B9-42D6-8ADF-16DD9D93E629.png6FF39C96-68BC-4408-8D0F-AEFCD715E742.png

Reactions: PTree15
I want to put up a fence on the side of the new house that borders the neighbor but son thinks it’s rude. Like it’s not neighborly. I want to do something like this...son says it’s a bad idea and insulting to the neighbors. :(

I’m not necessarily going to listen to him. But I hate that he put that idea in my head v

View attachment 20171View attachment 20172
Putting a fence around your property is not necessarily rude. First of all, if you're not totally self-isolated from your neighbours yet,- you could try and talk to them, i mean discuss your future fence (that's what is being done over here between good neighbours,- we can come to each other's plots and look around, when invited) and you all could come to an agreement about the type of the fence, its height, location, material, etc: maybe if you're doing it not for the safety reasons, but to avoid strangers' glances,- you could put it not everywhere (with gaps, if it's more convenient for them, because we, e.g., share a mutual irrigation pipe that goes from the river to our plots). And ...you could tell them you want to walk around being naked, hehehe.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52

I’m not necessarily going to listen to him. But I hate that he put that idea in my head.

View attachment 20171View attachment 20172
House????

I sooooooooo agree with you---and I suggest doing it sooner rather than later! So much easier to have things in progress before you get involved with new people. You can meet them and say right off that you have fencing people coming, how you like a garden, whatever.
It's certainly not rude! If you get along it doesn't prevent you from seeing them, and if you don't you don't need to. They may love that someone else put up a fence! (I was really hoping my neighbor would)

Yes, we found a house and it’s the same town as my daughter and grandkids. Feeling very lucky. Things are moving along...waiting on appraisal and then hopefully mortgage approval. C19 could potentially hold things up as the town halls are closed so I don’t know what that means for the title search and recording documents. Attorney and mortgage people are all working from home, so there’s that, too. We shall see. As long as it happens at some point.

In the spirit of full disclosure, the neighbor’s yard is an eye sore with lots of debris and trash . And they have a 10 year old with behavioral issues. I guess I just want to start out right and have a little privacy. I don’t want the entire yard fenced...just a little something along the property line on that one side. I’m hoping if it’s a nice fence that it won’t be taken as we’re unsociable...even though I am, to be honest. My days of socializing with neighbors is over. I just want to enjoy my retirement with some peace and quiet and get to see my grandkids more often, now that we will be 8 minutes away. That’s the best part of this whole thing. It’s not my dream home. But it’s nice, cozy and I always said I would sacrifice house for location.

Yes, we found a house and it’s the same town as my daughter and grandkids. Feeling very lucky. Things are moving along...waiting on appraisal and then hopefully mortgage approval. C19 could potentially hold things up as the town halls are closed so I don’t know what that means for the title search and recording documents. Attorney and mortgage people are all working from home, so there’s that, too. We shall see. As long as it happens at some point.

In the spirit of full disclosure, the neighbor’s yard is an eye sore with lots of debris and trash . And they have a 10 year old with behavioral issues. I guess I just want to start out right and have a little privacy. I don’t want the entire yard fenced...just a little something along the property line on that one side. I’m hoping if it’s a nice fence that it won’t be taken as we’re unsociable...even though I am, to be honest. My days of socializing with neighbors is over. I just want to enjoy my retirement with some peace and quiet and get to see my grandkids more often, now that we will be 8 minutes away. That’s the best part of this whole thing. It’s not my dream home. But it’s nice, cozy and I always said I would sacrifice house for location.
IMHO-- better to start off as distant with a long period of waiting to see than to come across as friendly too soon. It's very hard to take friendly back!!!! And you can sooooooo regret being friendly!!!
I'm glad you found a place close to your family! You should get the best interest rates now too! :rose:

Ok, good, I feel better about it now! :)
I have a fence around most of my yard. It was there when I bought the house, but it really needs replacing. My neighbor mentioned to me that I might want to replace it because if it falls down, I'll have to look at his mess of a yard! So here he was thinking of me having to look at his crazy yard, lol. He has all sorts of machinery and metal and just junk in it. :D I would love to replace the fence, but I don't have the funds right now.