News British Man Ends Life at 104 - Switzerland

I just have heard about it on local news, and even reported to my sister. I know this is bad, but i'm kind of mad at people like him. I always doubt, how rational it was to commit suicide if he wasn't "terminally ill"? Please, don't judge me strictly, maybe it is because the man i know very well (the husband of my mom's friend) is dying of uncurable pancreas cancer. He doesn't want to believe that he's gonna die, and his family doesn't want either. They treat him with the best medicines ever found but it doesn't seem to help much:sniff:

From what I have read, life had became too difficult for him. He also said that his eyesight had been failing since the last 6 years.

From what I have read, life had became too difficult for him. He also said that his eyesight had been failing since the last 6 years.
Well, that makes sence. Losing vision is really unbearable. When i had a leak of B12, it gave complications on the optic nerve, and my vision was like a broken glass:eek:, but then it recovered:). At that time i'd been thinking of death.o_O

Last edited:
I think that every person whose life has become burdensome to her/him should have the right to end it. It's the most personal of all decisions, and it's time to end the stigma.

I think that every person whose life has become burdensome to her/him should have the right to end it. It's the most personal of all decisions, and it's time to end the stigma.

I don't agree Mischief "Burdensome " can embrace a broad spectrum of personal trauma. Some have different reactions to the same trauma.

I don't agree Mischief "Burdensome " can embrace a broad spectrum of personal trauma. Some have different reactions to the same trauma.
Of course different people have different reactions to the same trauma. That doesn't make their reactions any less real to them, though. One person may find it possible to live a fulfilling life as a quadraplegic, for example, while another may find it intolerable. The second person's experience of being quadraplegic is not one whit less real to him than the first person 's experience is real to her.

That's exactly why each individual should be able to choose for herself.