TV & Film Breaking Bad

CrowCaw

Hand.Cannot.Erase.
Reaction score
All things Breaking Bad here!

I scoured the threads and did not see any that existed! Now The Walking Dead thread won't be alone.

I'll start by saying that the official Breaking Bad tumblr page (breakingbadamc.tumblr.com) is one of my favourite things on the internet. The fan art, MY GOD!

5bbsqr.jpg

2m7zxid.jpg

2mpymfp.jpg

5v8w9k.jpg

August 11th, 2013 is going to go down in history as one of the most awaited days EVER. Will you be apart of it?

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
Just followed it.
Enjoy your newest tumblr addiction in all its glory!

I'm rewatching the whole series in anticipation of the new episodes.
Yessss! My husband and I have rewatched the entire series thus-far about 3 times. Each time gets better and better - you notice all sorts of new things, since your full attention isn't 100% dedicated to the dialogue, so to speak. Every little detail can finally be noticed - and that show just doesn't skip a damn beat. We're going to rewatch it again before the 11th.

My husband doesn't like BB and won't watch it with me.

I tried to get a coworker into it, so I would have someone to talk about it with. He loved the first few episodes, but a bit into season 2, he decided he doesn't like Walt and declared the show "too depressing," and refuses to watch any more.

My husband doesn't like BB and won't watch it with me.

I tried to get a coworker into it, so I would have someone to talk about it with. He loved the first few episodes, but a bit into season 2, he decided he doesn't like Walt and declared the show "too depressing," and refuses to watch any more.

IMO that's the beauty of the show... it makes you feel, not necessarily happy feelings either. The stress is palpable, I feel like I've been run through the wringer after every episode, lol. Any piece of fiction that can evoke strong feelings is a winner in my book. I think I'm going to have to try and detach myself emotionally from the final season... it's going to be intense.

IMO that's the beauty of the show... it makes you feel, not necessarily happy feelings either. The stress is palpable, I feel like I've been run through the wringer after every episode, lol. Any piece of fiction that can evoke strong feelings is a winner in my book. I think I'm going to have to try and detach myself emotionally from the final season... it's going to be intense.

I think all fans of this show feel the exact same way - but some just don't "get it," eh? I have no idea how I'm going to handle the final 8 episodes. We have always known this show doesn't wrap things up with a pretty little bow (as previously mentioned!) - ****'s gon' get reaaaal.

I'll have beer and tissues readily available. :no:

Do we need to hide spoilers in this thread? If so, for only the new episodes, or potentially spoilery things throughout the series?

I managed to get my coworker watching again. He took a few weeks off, because he didn't like Walt any more and felt he was relating "too closely" with Jesse. I talked him into watching again.

The very next episode was where Jane died. He was really upset about it, but we had a good discussion about it, and he's back into the show. He's just up to Fring showing the lab to Walt.

I've also gotten my husband back into it, just by continuing to watch. Husband watched a few episodes here and there the first time I watched, so he's missing some of the details but gets the big picture. This time through, he started watching again when I got to season 4 episodes he hadn't seen at all.

He cheered and was TOTALLY into it when Fring was killed at the season 4 finally. He said he was glad he started watching again...

... Then the end shot of the lily of the valley plant came up, and he was completely ****** off. He then said he hated the show...

... But when I put the first episode of season 5 on, he watched with me. :p

I have season 5 to rewatch now. I just have the episodes on my iPad so watching them with Husband is more difficult. I wish Netflix would get that season already. (I guess I could stream them from my computer through the Roku box, but meh. Too lazy.

Reactions: CrowCaw
Yeah! What's up with netflix not having season 5 up yet?! Dang.

I think hiding the spoilery-type things is a good call. Plus, how much fun is it to toggle that spoiler tag and see what's hidden beneath? Like a little present!

I am so glad your husband (and coworker!) are giving it another shot. They will understand what all the fuss is about. It's difficult to watch at times, but as previously mentioned, that's what gives the show its cutting edge.