News Blue Monday

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
"Dr Daniel, Clinical Director at London Doctors Clinic, lists the factors that contribute to our
low mood in January: “The Christmas buzz and initial excitement of entering 2019 has been replaced by early mornings, grim weather and challenging resolutions, leaving some of us wondering how we can stay productive and positive.”

Blue Monday: Why this date in January is the 'bleakest' of the year

I definitely suffer a bit from the letdown of the bustling holiday season, which is part of the reason I've left my tree up. :) I don't think I'll take it down until the end of the month. People in the U.S. complain that February is the most depressing month of the year because they want winter over already with the holidays in the rearview mirror. I don't mind the month because it contains my birthday (and yours, too, KLS. :D ).

Reactions: Val and KLS52
Well, I was beavering on at work today, and I think I managed to sort out a couple of issues. I also went for a walk during lunch, and I thought it wasn't quite as bleak as last week, actually. But yes, it is a depressing time of year in general.

I definitely suffer a bit from the letdown of the bustling holiday season, which is part of the reason I've left my tree up. :) I don't think I'll take it down until the end of the month. People in the U.S. complain that February is the most depressing month of the year because they want winter over already with the holidays in the rearview mirror. I don't mind the month because it contains my birthday (and yours, too, KLS. :D ).
Why only in the U.S.? ...lol:D

Why only in the U.S.? ...lol:D
I didn't want to assume that this was the case worldwide. I wasn't sure, so I said "in the U.S." because I have firsthand knowledge of that. I think the original post was talking about the U.K. :D

Reactions: Val