Spirituality Blood moon Prophecy

I found what looks like look a good article on this from a 'non-nutter on the bus' angle for you, PVL.

There are a total of 8 tetrads (four successive total lunar eclipses) in the 21st century (2001 to 2100). But proponents of this Biblical prophecy regard the upcoming tetrad as especially significant because it coincides with two important Jewish holidays: Passover and Tabernacles ...

.. The Jewish calendar is a lunar calendar. In any year, it’s inevitable that a full moon should fall on or near the feasts of Passover (15 Nissan) and Tabernacles (15 Tishri). Nissan and Tishri are the first and seventh months of the Jewish calendar, respectively.

http://earthsky.org/space/what-is-a-blood-moon-lunar-eclipses-2014-2015

The connection, basicaly, is that the Jews timed their holidays to coincide with the lunar cycle of 'blood moons'. NOT that the blood moons 'miraculously' only choose to appear on Jewish holidays.

I guess I don't really understand how someone who calls themselves Christian have so much enthusiasm for another religion, Judaism in this case. That sounds like heresy to me. Also, Israel's neighbours have many more Christians than Israel, so wouldn't it be natural for him to campaign for these groups, who in many cases are in very difficult situations, e.g. with the war in Syria and the political turmoil of Egypt? But no. I guess they're just not the right *kind* of Christians to Hagee.

As for the prophecy, you have to remember that the celestial bodies - planets, moons, stars, comets, asteroids - are governed by physical laws. There is no evidence that they ever speed up, slow down or go off the path governed by the laws of nature. We can assume God created the universe and set everything in motion to begin with, but that means all Blood Moons and other celestial phenomena were either planned by God from the start, which would mean human free will and actions have no influence on it, or God didn't intend these phenomena to have any special significance.

In any case, humans have no influence over the Blood Moons, so Hagee's campaign for Israel and Judaism are a waste of time and energy.

the moon could turn into a grapefruit, but would that be evidence for the existence of God?

I guess I don't really understand how someone who calls themselves Christian have so much enthusiasm for another religion, Judaism in this case. That sounds like heresy to me. Also, Israel's neighbours have many more Christians than Israel, so wouldn't it be natural for him to campaign for these groups, who in many cases are in very difficult situations, e.g. with the war in Syria and the political turmoil of Egypt? But no. I guess they're just not the right *kind* of Christians to Hagee.

As for the prophecy, you have to remember that the celestial bodies - planets, moons, stars, comets, asteroids - are governed by physical laws. There is no evidence that they ever speed up, slow down or go off the path governed by the laws of nature. We can assume God created the universe and set everything in motion to begin with, but that means all Blood Moons and other celestial phenomena were either planned by God from the start, which would mean human free will and actions have no influence on it, or God didn't intend these phenomena to have any special significance.

In any case, humans have no influence over the Blood Moons, so Hagee's campaign for Israel and Judaism are a waste of time and energy.
I don't think it is heresy to study or discuss another religion. I went to a Catholic prep school, and one of the required courses was Comparative Religions. Judaism is pretty closely related to Christianity, in comparison with lots of other world religions.

Hagee is a nutjob, no matter how you slice it.

Peaceful Veg Lady, be at peace and enjoy the pretty moons. We used to call them Hunters' moons or Harvest moons, which are much nicer names. :) They aren't a prophecy, just an astronomical treat. :)

Reactions: KLS52
Thanks everyone for help,i was scared when i posted it... i am doing much better.
It's a pink moon! :)

"The Pink Moon is the folklore name given to the full moon in the month of April. There are many names for each of the monthly full moons. A full moon in April is called the Paschal Moon or the Flower Moon in remembrance of growth and rejuvenation. May's can be called the Frog Return Moon, or the Merry Moon (How about the Merry Frog Moon?). The June 'Lover's Moon' will light your way in the night and enchant, and slide into the Thunder Moon by month's end. July's Sturgeon Moon lights your way through thickets of fireflies dancing in the grasses and hedges. The September 'Singing Moon' will turn to the Harvest Moon if it strikes near the equinox. But by October it becomes the Blood Moon as the harvest and hunting for winter's larder commences.

Once the cold sets-in November's Frosty Moon or Mad Moon turns into December's Yule Moon. The peacefulness of a winter's snowy scene may be illuminated by the Silent Moon, which becomes February's Hunger Moon if you didn't stock a proper larder, or a Quickening Moon if you feel up to watching the first subtle signs of an approaching spring. And finally we complete the cycle with the March's Lenten, Chaste or Seed Moon as spring arrives and planting begins once again. There are also some names for the moon that occur in music and astrology." http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/BackTo86.html

Reactions: Tom L. and KLS52
This isn't that bad, all what is scary at first is the color and darkness and seeing a red moon nothing different then seeing mars….

This isn't that bad, all what is scary at first is the color and darkness and seeing a red moon nothing different then seeing mars….

Never, ever be afraid to enjoy astronomical events. I was for the first half or so of my life and now I feel silly. They're not out to get you and they're a unique opportunity to enjoy something cool. :)

Reactions: Tom L. and ledboots
Never, ever be afraid to enjoy astronomical events. I was for the first half or so of my life and now I feel silly. They're not out to get you and they're a unique opportunity to enjoy something cool. :)
i wasn't afraid i am afraid of the Bible thumpers quoting scripture they should not about the event, plus i heard on a news report there will be another set in about 20 years from now….

Reactions: FortyTwo
It was beautiful. :)
dyhy6eja.jpg
4ary5yqa.jpg

I don't think it is heresy to study or discuss another religion.
That is not what I was saying. I was commenting on Hagee's relationship with Judaism, and he goes way, way beyond just "studying or discussing" that religion.

According to Wikipedia: "Heresy is any provocative belief or theory that is strongly at variance with established beliefs or customs."

Also according to Wikipedia: "The Christian Research Institute (among others) has strongly criticized Hagee's recent book, In Defense of Israel (2007), for apparently arguing that Jesus did not claim to be the Messiah for the Jews, only the Savior for the Christian Church, and therefore, that attempts should not be made to convert Jews."

"In his book Jerusalem Countdown, Hagee claims that Adolf Hitler was born from a lineage of "accursed, genocidally murderous half-breed Jews."[43] On page 149 in a chapter with the title 'Who Is a Jew?', Hagee writes:

"It was Esau's descendants who produced the half-breed Jews of history who have persecuted and murdered the Jews beyond human comprehension ... Adolf Hitler was a distant descendant of Esau."[43]
"

I went to a Catholic prep school, and one of the required courses was Comparative Religions. Judaism is pretty closely related to Christianity, in comparison with lots of other world religions.
Yes, but it's not as closely related to Protestant Christianity as are Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity.

Its that time again the last one last night and I have still have religious fanatics stating that the return of Christ is very near within the next year or so. I seen one of my Christian friends go on her Facebook stating that she isn't into these prophacy stuff and she don't get into the hype , no one knows the hour or day type deal thing and to tell the people on her Facebook to calm down. I had to say it on my Facebook also that people needed to calm down and live their lives, there will be more blood moons..

Reactions: Second Summer
Ha, I keep seeing that some people think the world is ending next month or something.:p

ETA it's apparently October 7 2015, what about The Walking Dead season premiere.:eek:

Reactions: peacefulveglady
All these BS prophecies claiming to be adhering to Revelation.

Like, where's the whole, breaking of the seven seals thing? Wouldn't we have kind of noticed the whole, angel emerging from the abyss, and throwing clouds of locusts at everyone, thing? A lot of that is meant to be metaphor but usually angel mentions in the Bible are meant to be taken pretty literally. :p