News Black Lives Matter protesters - Dartmouth library

beancounter

The Fire That Burns Within
Reaction score
Black Lives Matter protesters berate white students studying at Dartmouth library

BLM is at it again. Going after studious students is cowardly (less likely to fight back or make waves). If they really want to show how tough they are, perhaps they should disrupt a sporting event or a Fraternity.

Are they trying to start a fight, hoping to get the police involved, so they can say "see... police brutality".

“The tactics, tone, and words of the Black Lives Matter protesters eerily mirrored everything they claim to stand against,” writes The Review. “The long list of their clear oversteps should spark a moment of reckoning for every honest onlooker, and especially those who have sympathized with their movement to this point.”

Last edited:
There are assholes in every movement, even AR.

When someone starts trying to discredit an entire movement based on the actions of some, then the person is having issues with the movement itself.

There are assholes in every movement, even AR.

When someone starts trying to discredit an entire movement based on the actions of some, then the person is having issues with the movement itself.

150 is more than some...

And even if it were just some, it doesn't justify their tactics.

And this isn't the first incident...

and it is slimy, low ball straw man tactics to try to shame or to silence me by implying that I'm a racist.

Last edited:
I was referring to the quote from the Review: “The long list of their clear oversteps should spark a moment of reckoning for every honest onlooker, and especially those who have sympathized with their movement to this point.”

It's like saying that no one should sympathize with AR because some group of idiots who self identify as AR did something stupid.

ETA: But hey, defensive much?!

I was referring to the quote from the Review: “The long list of their clear oversteps should spark a moment of reckoning for every honest onlooker, and especially those who have sympathized with their movement to this point.”

It's like saying that no one should sympathize with AR because some group of idiots who self identify as AR did something stupid.

ETA: But hey, defensive much?!

But you are doing it again...

Instead of addressing the incident and issues, you are deflecting/redirecting it.

I'm wondering if it's because I've become older and out of touch with the zeitgeist that BLM seems to me so utterly mistaken in their choice of targets and methods?

t
I'm wondering if it's because I've become older and out of touch with the zeitgeist that BLM seems to me so utterly mistaken in their choice of targets and methods?

Thank you, I've learned a new word today. :p

Part of the issue is the entitlement mindset of millennials..the generation that received trophies just for showing up to practice. I'd like to see some well thought out justification for pissing on potential allies. Are they trying for the guilt angle? I don't know.. What they fail to realize is that respect is earned, not automatically granted.

I will respect them, when they interrupt a rally, and yank the microphone from Trump, Carson, Rubio or Fiorina.

Otherwise, they are just bullying soft targets.

Last edited:
I will respect them, when they interrupt a rally, and yank the microphone from Trump, Carson, Rubio or Fiorina.

If a set of tactics is acceptable at a Republican event, it's acceptable at a Democratic event.

It's interesting to note that a majority of the protesters at the Dartmouth library appear not to be black.

If a set of tactics is acceptable at a Republican event, it's acceptable at a Democratic event.

It's interesting to note that a majority of the protesters at the Dartmouth library appear not to be black.

Sure, but the point is, they haven't gone after the Republicans yet. I wonder why...

It's because bullies go after easy targets.

Sure, but the point is, they haven't gone after the Republicans yet. I wonder why...

It's because bullies go after easy targets.

Or just maybe it's because they are focusing on where they may have some impact.... Ever consider that?

The Democrats need a strong turnout among black voters to win the White House. Republicans know that they aren't going to win the black vote in any event.

I think you often get an extreme fringe with some protests and unfortunately they are the ones that make the headlines. So-called anarchists turn up at protests over here and usually cause trouble.

Or just maybe it's because they are focusing on where they may have some impact.... Ever consider that?

Yes I did. Which is why I asked the rhetorical question "Why **** on potential allies?"

The Democrats need a strong turnout among black voters to win the White House. Republicans know that they aren't going to win the black vote in any event.[/QUOTE]

If the Republicans win the White House, they'll have to deal with them anyway. Might as well get the ball rolling...

It's the same strategy as any group uses - environmentalists know that they need to influence Democrats on the environment, Tea Party adherents know that they need to influence Republicans, etc.

It's just common sense to focus pressure where it will actually have some effect. It's why presidential campaigns don't use up a lot of resources in states where they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the electoral votes.

Republicans don't believe that Black lives matter, they believe that all lives matter. You might think that would include Black lives, but it doesn't. It also doesn't include Syrian refugees.

Understand, but what did Dartmouth do that Black Lives Matter activists object to?

I don't know. It's very possible that the protestors don't either, that they're just caught up in the idea of protesting, sort of like one of those FB posts that says "Repost this if you're against child abuse", and people feel as though they've done something meaningful when they post it on their walls.

I mean, you're talking about students at an expensive school. Just by virtue of the fact that they're students there, you know that they are a pretty privileged lot of young people.

That this even made the news (on a conservative site with its own very definite agenda) is ridiculous.