Binaural beats? Thoughts?

silva

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I just caught a local news story about what was referred to as "digital drugs". Getting "high" from internet sounds that were compared to being as dangerous as street drugs. After the initial sensationalizing, they had a therapist (can't think of the name- they use eeg's to help people control their relaxation for stress and blood pressure and stuff like that) that felt this type of brain stimulation therapy was very useful and any linkage to drug or drug use was suggestion only.
I'm pretty intrigued and plan to try some of the sound waves myself
Has anyone had experience with this, or any thoughts?

I found this site most helpful-
The Science Of Binaural Beat Brainwave Entrainment Technology - for meditation relaxation stress management and achieving altered states of consciousness

My Dad was super into it a few years ago. He did it more for self improvement rather than getting high, but it didnt work!

A couple days later I caught a news story on 'pink noise (?)' for, I think, helping you sleep
In the 70's-80's there was so much talk about mind control through subliminal audio/ visual.
There have been such fascinating, and scary, research done on subliminal thought control, like in advertising.

I should have done a search. I was just saying on the sleep thread that I tried a binaural recording last night and I had lots of very vivid and weird dreams. It was a 20 minute recording that I listened to before I went to sleep.

Did you ever try it Silva?

I should have done a search. I was just saying on the sleep thread that I tried a binaural recording last night and I had lots of very vivid and weird dreams. It was a 20 minute recording that I listened to before I went to sleep.

Did you ever try it Silva?
I haven't, I'd forgotten all about this!
I've been happy I've been sleeping better lately, I'll try it this weekend