Biggest issue/problem being vegan??

jrc64

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hello all, I'm fairly new to the vegan world. In fact, at the moment I'm actually a Pescatarian. I don't eat any meat or dairy, but do have a piece of fish or shrimp once a week. I've been doing this since October, and the results have been wonderful. Naturally, there are always frustrations when beginning a new way of eating. For me, the biggest issue was making dinners after working all day, and then getting in the door at 6 pm.

Since then, I've learned to cook in bulk on the weekends and have learned to master frozen veggies.

I'm very curious what is the biggest issue facing everyone as respects to vegan meals????

Thank you in advance.

I think the biggest issue is that we always use the meat as a main ingredient, and everything else is just aside ingredients.
Made me realize how narrow minded i was.

I think the beans are not the smoothest for my digestion. I think I am going to greatly reduce how many beans I eat. Apart from that I don't have any issue with meals.

I think it´s ok use half produced products in the beginning during the transition, but not in long term.
I don´t have a problem with recipes, since vegan diet has a huge variety.

The first thing I noticed after a week on vegan diet was that my palate changed, and greens in general has a great complexity of flavors.

Well, dining out is nearly impossible unless you happen to be lucky enough to live in a city that has a wide variety of vegan conscious options on their menu. There are more and more of those every day. I like to crock pot a lot of food and eat it during the week. I have an additional problem in that I come home for lunch every day. If I make a pot of chili and have it for both lunch and dinner, I tend to get sick of chili really fast. Frozen black bean patties are quick and easy. Pre-made vegan pizza crust mounded with veggies is quick and easy too. I am a lover of all vegetables steamed and could eat an entire bowl for dinner. My wife will eat whatever I cook. She has been no obstacle to my new diet at all.