Announcement Big news - a new era begins soon!

We had a lot of newbies come on and yes, they did all ask the same questions and have similar issues and yet each was answered with patience as we were all there once upon a time. There have been a lot of people helped by other people's experience.

If you go back and look at @Lou posts over the months you will see posts that go into great depth to help newbies and people struggling and so much is repetitive and yet if we helped even just a few people then it is worth it. Some of us have the time to do it and understand that not everyone does.

Feeling part of a community is also so important and there are many different roles in a community so we each contribute in our own way.
IMO

Emma JC

i don't remember where i learned this: we may have heard the same question a hundred times, but you can assume that your answer is the first that they heard.

my goal is that my answer will be the best one they heard 🥇🥇

All seems well except for the insipid green. Is the site skinnable?
If you don't like the skin (a.k.a. style a.k.a. theme), then yes, there are options in the lower left corner of the window - the style chooser has 'Default Green' as its default, but you can choose e.g. 'Vision' which is the name I gave the VV default style.
I changed mine too.
I love the blue skin!
I like the blue as well! Thank you, IS. :)
I guess this confirms my darkest fear... I'M WEIRD. I like the green much better than the "Vision" or "Night" color schemes. :p

I guess this confirms my darkest fear... I'M WEIRD. I like the green much better than the "Vision" or "Night" color schemes. :p
I thought I should clarify. I'm not agreeing that you're weird (I do not yet have an opinion on that one way or the other :p ); I'm agreeing that the green skin is much better than the other two.

I was actually torn between the Night and the Vision. The Night reminds me of one of my favorite message boards from way back when that was dedicated to a band (A Perfect Circle). I think the Vision is easier on my eyes, though.

I was actually torn between the Night and the Vision. The Night reminds me of one of my favorite message boards from way back when that was dedicated to a band (A Perfect Circle). I think the Vision is easier on my eyes, though.

Vision for me. I tried Night but didn't like it. Green is not appealing. :confounded:

Reactions: PTree15
I went back to the green because the Vegan Forum logo was bothering me with the blue. 😁

Can you shorten the 30 second post rule? It’s too long! Please and thanks. 😁

What is 30 second post rule??👻 (I'm not aware of it, and it's bad). Thanks.😏
Lol...you can’t post consecutive posts without waiting 30 seconds. I’ve tried several times and I get an error telling me I have to wait.

• Informative
Reactions: Val
If you try to post one right after the other you will see what I mean. 😊

It’s usually only if you are posting something really short and quick. Like now I will get the notice.

• Informative
Glad I can help! Just don't get too carried away :) Most of the time, those kinds of posts are probably best suited for the Coffee House threads and others in the Member Zone (formerly VIP Lounge).
👍🏻