Announcement Big news - a new era begins soon!

I hope we're not overwhelming the original VF members. Nothing like a bunch of uninvited relatives showing up with all their stuff(threads) and moving in.
I was wondering the same thing lol

• Agree
Reactions: Val
I hope we're not overwhelming the original VF members. Nothing like a bunch of uninvited relatives showing up with all their stuff(threads) and moving in.

Have to admit, it is a bit overwhelming as we mainly discussed veganism, foods, health etc which is a good help to new vegans looking for a space to learn and share. Griping and yakking about misc are not really my thing and I am sure there is room here for everyone to do what suits them best.

Emma JC

Have to admit, it is a bit overwhelming as we mainly discussed veganism, foods, health etc which is a good help to new vegans looking for a space to learn and share. Griping and yakking about misc are not really my thing and I am sure there is room here for everyone to do what suits them best.

Emma JC
OMG😱 🤦‍♀️ I feel ashamed already (for real). We have messed up on your forum. I guess, this exactly how it looks like. 🥴 If i were you, it would probably rile me up...

Emma JC

Interesting. At VV, we tried to be a source of info for new veggie folks, but it didn't really catch on. It seemed that most of the members who have been veggie for quite a while preferred to shoot the breeze about whatnot.

I'm a big advocate of veggie education, but talking about sources of protein for the thousandth time gets old after a while.

Emma JC
Oops, we are the opposite...so sorry.

Hopefully it will work well with the mix of different people though.

OMG😱 🤦‍♀️ I feel ashamed already (for real). We have messed up on your forum. I guess, this exactly how it looks like. 🥴 If i were you, it would probably rile me up...

no worries, not riled, just getting used to the change.... it is certainly better than either or both forums disappearing altogether

We like talking about food.... lol .... a balance is always good.

Emma JC

Emma JC
Thank you for the feedback - I would hate for the VF culture to be destroyed in all this.

I've been thinking that perhaps the threads in the chat style forums (i.e. the Lounge and its sub-forums) should be excluded from the list displayed when you click "What's new" or "New posts". I think we could try it for a while and see if it helps.

Reactions: silva
Thank you for the feedback - I would hate for the VF culture to be destroyed in all this.

I've been thinking that perhaps the threads in the chat style forums (i.e. the Lounge and its sub-forums) should be excluded from the list displayed when you click "What's new" or "New posts". I think we could try it for a while and see if it helps.
Hmm, so if I understand this correctly, would that mean people who enjoy these chat-style threads (like me, lol) would have to go rummaging for each thread to check whether there have been new posts? I find the "new posts" function very useful, and I'm not a fan of notifications or "watching" threads or the other more cumbersome methods to find new posts.

Last edited:
Hmm, so if I understand this correctly would that mean people who enjoy these chat-style threads (like me, lol) would have to go rummaging for each thread to check whether there have been new posts? I find the "new posts" function very useful, and I'm not a fan of notifications or "watching" threads or the other more cumbersome methods to find new posts.
I was about to ask the same question but it never posted for some reason.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas

Omg, it will ruin my self-esteem... I will feel lost and disorientated (like an alien).:pout: But... it's up to you, of course. I will try to get used to any changes that you're making, if they're necessary.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
Hmm, so if I understand this correctly would that mean people who enjoy these chat-style threads (like me, lol) would have to go rummaging for each thread to check whether there have been new posts? I find the "new posts" function very useful, and I'm not a fan of notifications or "watching" threads or the other more cumbersome methods to find new posts.
My first reaction to Indian Summer's post was 'yes, please' then I read your comment and can see how that solution would hinder your enjoyment of the forum.

There has to be a balanced solution, because we have too many creative, clever minds on here not to find a way for everyone to enjoy themselves. Maybe instead of removing the chat-style threads a new filter could be added to remove them for people who don't want to participate in them. (I have no idea how easy or hard that would be only that we already have several filter options.)

My opinion of the merger is that it will be good for everyone. The additional activity is a little overstimulating but it's not bad... and more activity is always better than signing on to find little to no new activity.

Reactions: Amy SF and Val
. Maybe instead of removing the chat-style threads a new filter could be added to remove them for people who don't want to participate in them. (I have no idea how easy or hard that would be only that we already have several filter options.)

My opinion of the merger is that it will be good for everyone. The additional activity is a little overstimulating but it's not bad... and more activity is always better than signing on to find little to no new activity.

If the chit chat style threads annoy members, they don't have to open them.

My first reaction to Indian Summer's post was 'yes, please' then I read your comment and can see how that solution would hinder your enjoyment of the forum.

There has to be a balanced solution, because we have too many creative, clever minds on here not to find a way for everyone to enjoy themselves. Maybe instead of removing the chat-style threads a new filter could be added to remove them for people who don't want to participate in them. (I have no idea how easy or hard that would be only that we already have several filter options.)

I agree that balance is key. The two forum groups appear to have quite different bents, so naturally, an adjustment period will ensue as we become accustomed to each other's style. I'm not up on the filtering options, but that is worth looking into.