Announcement Big news - a new era begins soon!

I'm sorry,- i'm a little worried, @Indian Summer . :???: What problems with my access to the new forum should i expect? How do i even find my account? I usually don't log in, though (it seems to me) i know my password,- i'm logged in on my device permanently. Will this option remain (the permanent log-in?). I hope, in the meantime, you let us know what we should do (sorry for my infantilism).:ooal:

Out of interest IS what is the reaction on veganforum in regard to the merger if I can call it that

Just FYI, veganforum.org is unavailable right now while we transfer the website to my server. We won't be merging for at least another month or so.

Why is VV losing to veganforum? Why dont' they come here?
'veganforum.org' is a better domain name for attracting new members and it better describes what we are.
I'm sorry,- i'm a little worried, @Indian Summer . :???: What problems with my access to the new forum should i expect? How do i even find my account? I usually don't log in, though (it seems to me) i know my password,- i'm logged in on my device permanently. Will this option remain (the permanent log-in?). I hope, in the meantime, you let us know what we should do (sorry for my infantilism).:ooal:
As long as the veganforum.org domain isn't somehow blocked in your country (I would be surprised!), you should be fine.

You will have the same username and password (as long as VF doesn't already have a 'Val' member, in that case I haven't decided what we will do).

You will probably have to type in your username and password again once we merge. If you can't remember your password, remember that there's a feature to reset your password - it'll send a special link to your email address.

I will come back with very clear instructions about all this once we approach the big day. Don't worry! I'll sort everyone out :)

Out of interest IS what is the reaction on veganforum in regard to the merger if I can call it that
It's been only positive so far :) They're very polite over there!

Just FYI, veganforum.org is unavailable right now while we transfer the website to my server. We won't be merging for at least another month or so.

'veganforum.org' is a better domain name for attracting new members and it better describes what we are.

As long as the veganforum.org domain isn't somehow blocked in your country (I would be surprised!), you should be fine.

You will have the same username and password (as long as VF doesn't already have a 'Val' member, in that case I haven't decided what we will do).

You will probably have to type in your username and password again once we merge. If you can't remember your password, remember that there's a feature to reset your password - it'll send a special link to your email address.

I will come back with very clear instructions about all this once we approach the big day. Don't worry! I'll sort everyone out :)

It's been only positive so far :) They're very polite over there!
Thanks a lot! Luckily, i remember my password (i checked it out). And i think, if "Val" user already exists there, i'll have no problems changing my username to something like "Extraterrestrial Val" (that's my Google account, and Youtube account, haha).

Reactions: Second Summer
@Indian Summer -- 'veganforum.org' is a better domain name for attracting new members and it better describes what we are.

Really? Considering you can be omni and join, and vegetarians are welcome?
and who thinks to add .org? Not me, unless it's an organization, which I don't think of with forums.
Anyway, I'm sure it'll be just fine. I would suggest all us oldies here should look to the FB VV group?

@Indian Summer -- 'veganforum.org' is a better domain name for attracting new members and it better describes what we are.

Really? Considering you can be omni and join, and vegetarians are welcome?
Yes, it's a forum that promotes vegan lifestyle and provides support, so obviously not everyone who joins will already be vegan or even want to make that switch.

Also, just to be clear, you can be an omni or vegetarian and join both VV and VF under the current rules. There will be no change in this regard.

and who thinks to add .org? Not me, unless it's an organization, which I don't think of with forums.
.com is no longer the obvious choice for everything as it once used to be, and since we're not-for-profit, I think .org makes more sense. Also, .com is really meant for companies, and we're not a company. Not so many people type in the URLs by hand any more, so I'm not that worried about that.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be just fine.
Yes! :)

I would suggest all us oldies here should look to the FB VV group?
Noooo :(

Reactions: Val
Oh, @Indian Summer You WERE expecting some backlash to the big announcement, right? I think you’re handling it pretty well.

I think YOU should run for US president. ;)
Thank you! You're so kind I could almost cry a little bit! :cry:

I've just spent the whole morning moving VF over to my server. It was a humongous job, but I think it's mostly working again now.

Yes, I did expect some backlash. I think we might take some extra time with the merger to make sure we've thought through every detail properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amy SF
I just signed up. I want to check it out. I’m still Me only I added an extra 52 by mistake lol. KLS5252 :fp:
Do we have to sign up to the new forum, or will our accounts be maintained in the merger?

I agree with @silva - this website does have a nice banner. I probably wouldn't have gotten a tee, though (insert "cheapskate" smiley here) (j/k- I haven't bought a shirt in quite some time because I have plenty of them)

I'll roll with this, but I'll admit I'm just a tad apprehensive. I'm still a member at VeggieBoards, and it's just not the same somehow, but I don't know how much the change in ownership had to do with that. A large number of posters with whom I interacted, and whose posts I used to read, have left. It almost always shows more people logged in there than usually are here at a given moment, but there doesn't seem to be much more activity (if any).

We do have a nice logo here on VV. (Although I'm not personally a big fan of the mushroom!) Perhaps with the merger, I will invest in a new logo of a similar high professional standard.

Reactions: Val
What happens when those members who haven't been active try and log in VV? Will they be redirected? Will you be able to send emails to the whole member list?
What about Poppy? Will first Poppy win?

Reactions: KLS52