Big Brother Meds: coming in the future...

These don't really scare me, and I can see definite use for these when it comes to med studies (where researchers really should know for sure if the patients actually took the pills, as reported), and in the case of people who may forget to take their meds. My memory is normal, but I can't even tell you how many times I've had to sit and count out how many antibiotics or whatever are left to try to figure out if I actually took that one at lunch or not, then try to remember what day I started taking them.....

However, knowing that there are currently people who can't afford regular medicines, I don't see how this could really be cost-effective on any kind of wide scale.

Well it can have some practical applications for medical problems, sure. But for mental health patients, civil liberties are a bit thin on the ground already. If I was taking psych meds, it would creep me out if my psych received an email every time I took a pill. And Im not really sure how I feel about a tum full of nano bots.

Seems like these would rely on something external you could smash into a thousand tiny pieces if you really wanted to.

You could find something acidic I guess and put the pill in that. Perhaps some citric acid.

True, HCI is badass. Citric acid is easier to get hold of I guess.

It's sort of inevitable in the time between 'prolonging the lives of the unfit' and 'accurately solving our genetic weaknesses' I think.

It's sort of inevitable in the time between 'prolonging the lives of the unfit' and 'accurately solving our genetic weaknesses' I think.

In some cases sure, IMO most diseases treated with meds are lifestyle diseases though.

I'm doubly concerned about the utter dependence on hydrochloric acid to solve our utter dependence on meds to solve all our health woes.

True. And it is in our stomachs too. We cant get away from the stuff : / .