Beyond Meat Challenges Chicken Companies

I also don't think this well happen.
The other day I heard that Brazilian chickens were being exported to Europe. I just hate to think of the conditions over there.

The USDA has approved shipping our chicken all the way to China for processing, and then have them ship it back to us. I have no idea what logic they used to come up with this, but people here hate China, so chicken consumption may go down when people hear where it came from.

The USDA has approved shipping our chicken all the way to China for processing, and then have them ship it back to us. I have no idea what logic they used to come up with this, but people here hate China, so chicken consumption may go down when people hear where it came from.

That would be great! The reduction of chicken consumption that is, not the China shipping. (WTF??)

I felt like leaving a comment but why bother. It's interesting how some people say oh no way, I won't buy from those companies, but they still want the chicken.

The USDA has approved shipping our chicken all the way to China for processing, and then have them ship it back to us. I have no idea what logic they used to come up with this ...
Proggie on UK TV last week about how these massive container ships have reduced the cost of shipping stuff around the world ...

Costs 10p to ship a pair of £75 Levi's, 70p to ship a £600 mobile phone. That kinda level.

Apparently fish caught in Scottish waters are sent to China for processing and then sent back to Scotland.

Cost per lb for processing fish in Scotland is simply greater than cost of processing fish in China including shipping it there and back.

Such is the logic in play.

I'm kind of glad they are doing it, as long as that information is known to everyone. China is despised here, and although people will buy the cheap junk made there, food is a different story. I believe this will drastically reduce consumption of chicken here, as long as people know it's been processed in China.

That makes me sick that anything will be processed in china, this is reason why I am watching where i get my stuff especially vegan and veg friendly items, I am thankful I am on the vegan path soon.

China is despised here ... this will drastically reduce consumption of chicken here, as long as people know it's been processed in China.

That is an absolutely terrifying insight into America omni-logic, in one way ...

No amount of awareness of the animal cruelty involved reduces consumption but hatred of another nation will????

That is an absolutely terrifying insight into America omni-logic, in one way ...

No amount of awareness of the animal cruelty involved reduces consumption but hatred of another nation will????
The omni's that won't eat food processed in China isn't because of ethical reasons, but health. After they purposely poisoned our pets and their own infants, there is little trust in the safety of anything that comes from there.

Reactions: ledboots
The omni's that won't eat food processed in China isn't because of ethical reasons, but health. After they purposely poisoned our pets and their own infants, there is little trust in the safety of anything that comes from there.
Also the US has comparably few manufacturing jobs because everything is cheaper in China and elsewhere. We dont hate China or the Chinese, just their way of doing business.