Best thing I've ever done!

lupin tree

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi everyone, thanks for accepting me.
I've taken the vegan society 30 day pledge and can't believe how much easier it is to be a vegan than I thought it would be.
Their daily newsletters really motivate and educate me and now I've found this great forum I'm well away!
Feeling very positive about this, it's a great move so far and the only hard part is other people's reactions! I'm 2 weeks in so maybe it does get harder but at the moment I'm loving it and feel so much better about myself.

Reactions: winter.frost
Really pleased to hear it! And welcome :)

People will come around. I haven't met anyone who - at first - resisted my veganism who doesn't now either accept or support it.

Good stuff, L.T. Keep up the good work. Your conscience is now clear. You can now look cows in the eye and not feel a hypocrite for going home and eating 'em. I've been a vegan since last November. I wish that I'd done it decades and decades ago. I don't feel like a hypocrite anymore. I am healthy. My energy levels haven't suffered. I practise my taijiquan and qigong as before. I cycle everywhere. I am fifty-one years old. I feel very good about myself now. I am no longer a hypocrite. If being a vegan ruined my health (which is hasn't), well, I'd still be one, as it's like a huge weight off my shoulders, being a friend of all living creatures. Carnivores and omnivores and vegetarians (supporting the diabolical dairy industry is a heinous crime) that claim to be animal lovers are liars. Simple as that. Are you married? Do you have children? Do you love your husband? Would you eat him? Do you love your children? Would you eat them? Res ipsa loquitur.

Good stuff, L.T. Keep up the good work. Your conscience is now clear. You can now look cows in the eye and not feel a hypocrite for going home and eating 'em. I've been a vegan since last November. I wish that I'd done it decades and decades ago. I don't feel like a hypocrite anymore. I am healthy. My energy levels haven't suffered. I practise my taijiquan and qigong as before. I cycle everywhere. I am fifty-one years old. I feel very good about myself now. I am no longer a hypocrite. If being a vegan ruined my health (which is hasn't), well, I'd still be one, as it's like a huge weight off my shoulders, being a friend of all living creatures. Carnivores and omnivores and vegetarians (supporting the diabolical dairy industry is a heinous crime) that claim to be animal lovers are liars. Simple as that. Are you married? Do you have children? Do you love your husband? Would you eat him? Do you love your children? Would you eat them? Res ipsa loquitur.

Thanks for your reply , you are spot on with what you say! I'm so happy with my vegan lifestyle, there's no going back now...can't get over the difference in how I feel, both mentally and physically.

Thanks for your reply , you are spot on with what you say! I'm so happy with my vegan lifestyle, there's no going back now...can't get over the difference in how I feel, both mentally and physically.
Indeed. Thanks for being one of the rare people that actually agree with what I say. You missed out 'spiritually', by the way: mentally, physically and spiritually. I'm a bit rankled by the amount of selfish people that choose a vegan lifestyle for THEIR benefits - 'I want to lose weight' etc. It is, for me, all about animals. I reckon it's a hell of a benefit to animals not to, erm, eat 'em... How I feel is a by product. Spiritually, well, I feel superb! I feel, for the first time in over half a century, totally at peace with myself; and at peace with every creature that runs, swims and flies. Not being a hypocrite feels great, I must admit. I'm glad that you think that there is no going back now. I feel the same. Live long and prosper, O unlikely named one.

It's great isn't it. People ask me if I'm still on my "vegan diet." I just say that I am and that it is not a diet and that I do it for the animals, eventually it might get through to them. I've been vegan for just over a year and it is so easy, and I'm so happy.

It's great isn't it. People ask me if I'm still on my "vegan diet." I just say that I am and that it is not a diet and that I do it for the animals, eventually it might get through to them. I've been vegan for just over a year and it is so easy, and I'm so happy.
Hmm, 'no mood' Lupin Tree has become 'joyful' Sally? Or are you someone else? Erm, ah, yes, I think the joining dates don't tally, Sally. Talking tripe is my forte... You are dead right, methinks, by saying 'it is so easy'. It is. A piece of cake. It's only food. I'm rarely, if ever, moved by stuff on this PC. However, you saying 'I'm so happy' gave me an unexpected yet welcome rush of glee. I, too, am rather happy with myself for once. Self-criticism is my thing. I don't have any desire/intention to change the way anyone else thinks or acts. Putting my own house in order has been my life-long mission. Meddling do-gooders rankle something rotten. My belief being that if everyone took steps to improve their own lives, instead of poking their noses into others' affairs, well, the world would be a better place. You can spell, punctuate and have your head screwed on: I like you!