Best Countries in World - France Behind UK & US

"Best countries in the world" - by which criteria? Apparently it's based on the perceptions among '20,000 participants from across the globe' in a survey where they rate the countries in each of 65 different attributes. To me, this doesn't sound like a good methodology. (For starters, you'd be exhausted after rating just one country on each of the 65 attributes.)
A set of 65 country attributes – terms that can be used to describe a country and that are also relevant to the success of a modern nation – were identified. Attributes by nation were presented in a survey of more than 20,000 people from across the globe. Participants assessed how closely they associated an attribute with a nation.
Source: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/methodology

I made a list last year of the world's most ethical (or best) countries. The way I did it was I took the corruptions rankings from Transparency.org, the Good Country Index, Freedom House freedom ranking, Economist democracy ranking, CO2 emissions per capita, and an animal cruelty index. Then I added all the rankings together and averaged them. Here's what I got:

1 Finland
2 Sweden
3 Switzerland
4 Iceland
5 Ireland
6 Norway
7 Costa Rica
8 Portugal
9 Denmark
10 Belgium
11 Austria
12 Germany
13 Cyprus
14 Mauritius
15 Barbados
16 Malta
17 United Kingdom
18 New Zealand
19 Latvia
20 Lithuania

France was 21st.

USA was 87th because of its high amount of CO2 emissions and factory farming. It would have been 22nd if we exclude the CO2 and animal rights aspects.

Lowest ranked:

166 North Korea
167 Syria
168 Saudi Arabia
169 Equatorial Guinea
170 Libya
171 Bahrain
172 Turkmenistan

I made a list last year of the world's most ethical (or best) countries. The way I did it was I took the corruptions rankings from Transparency.org, the Good Country Index, Freedom House freedom ranking, Economist democracy ranking, CO2 emissions per capita, and an animal cruelty index. Then I added all the rankings together and averaged them. Here's what I got:

1 Finland
2 Sweden
3 Switzerland
4 Iceland
5 Ireland
6 Norway
7 Costa Rica
8 Portugal
9 Denmark
10 Belgium
11 Austria
12 Germany
13 Cyprus
14 Mauritius
15 Barbados
16 Malta
17 United Kingdom
18 New Zealand
19 Latvia
20 Lithuania

France was 21st.

USA was 87th because of its high amount of CO2 emissions and factory farming. It would have been 22nd if we exclude the CO2 and animal rights aspects.

Lowest ranked:

166 North Korea
167 Syria
168 Saudi Arabia
169 Equatorial Guinea
170 Libya
171 Bahrain
172 Turkmenistan

That is impressive. I don't know how you found all the necessary criteria.