Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream - Non Dairy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making them non-dairy but not vegan would not make very much sense in my opinion.

I rather suspect they do not want to stick the bad v-word on their icecream (might scare off "normal" people)

Reactions: ledboots
I don't think I will even bother to try it. I can't imagine it will be any better than the other almond/coconut milk ice creams, which I don't really like. And now that I have the cashew milk available I'm good to go. I bought a few pints for Thanksgiving and (conveniently) forgot to put them out with the other desserts. So my freezer is full with creamy cashew, cappaccino, salted caramel and chocolate, lol.

[QUOTE="KLS52, post: 250792, member: 22"]I don't think I will even bother to try it. I can't imagine it will be any better than the other almond/coconut milk ice creams, which I don't really like. And now that I have the cashew milk available I'm good to go. I bought a few pints for Thanksgiving and (conveniently) forgot to put them out with the other desserts. So my freezer is full with creamy cashew, cappaccino, salted caramel and chocolate, lol.[/QUOTE]

I agree and the only vegan ice cream that I like is the cashew nut one and Swedish glace.

Reactions: KLS52
I don't think I will even bother to try it. I can't imagine it will be any better than the other almond/coconut milk ice creams, which I don't really like. And now that I have the cashew milk available I'm good to go. I bought a few pints for Thanksgiving and (conveniently) forgot to put them out with the other desserts. So my freezer is full with creamy cashew, cappaccino, salted caramel and chocolate, lol.
I still haven't found the cashew ice creme, but I found chocolate cashew milk the other day, oh yum.

I did a survey about the B&J nondairy ice cream a few months before it was announced. It was mainly to see if there was interest in a nondairy version. You can guess what my answers were. :D

I did a survey about the B&J nondairy ice cream a few months before it was announced. It was mainly to see if there was interest in a nondairy version. You can guess what my answers were. :D

Yes, it is surprising that more brands don't have a non dairy version as many people are lactose intolerant.

I agree and the only vegan ice cream that I like is the cashew nut one and Swedish glace.

I have not yet met a vegan ice cream that I did not like.
Guess my palate is not as discerning as yours...

There are a few vegan icecreams available here, but let's face it, 15$ for 500 ml is a little steep...

There are a few vegan icecreams available here, but let's face it, 15$ for 500 ml is a little steep...

How much is that in € ? Amy's Kitchen ice cream costs 6+ and I wasn't thrilled with the taste neither.

:eek: And I thought $6.00 was too high.

Reactions: KLS52
How much is that in € ?
That would be about 12 EUR ... more than I am willing to spend. Sold at health food stores here in Malaysia.

Consider my enthusiasm when I then found Swedish Glace for about half that price, unfortunately only in Vanilla flavour, at a local supermarket.

That would be about 12 EUR ... more than I am willing to spend. Sold at health food stores here in Malaysia.

Consider my enthusiasm when I then found Swedish Glace for about half that price, unfortunately only in Vanilla flavour, at a local supermarket.

That is steep however it depends on what kind of salary a person earns. I find that forking out 3 euros for a litre of ice cream is as far as I'm willing to spend.

That is very true! Which is why I have been avoiding most of so-called "vegan specialty products" since I have been here in Malaysia, and am instead trying to get "normal" vegan Asian food.

It is nice that I can get a vegan, organic, macrobiotic set lunch delivered to my workplace every day for about 4 EUR. My colleagues, who go for non-vegan, non-organic normal local food will typically pay 1 EUR for their lunch (and consider me extravagant). So yes, ice cream has been among the foods I seldom eat today....

Best regards,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.