Being vegan is simplifying

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Yes, recently I lamented that being vegan isn't as simple as it used to be.
But to be fair its still helps to simplify my life.
Howboutu? can you think of a few ways that veganism has simplified your life.

Recently I read about how to avoid salmonella in your kitchen. It was all about raw chicken. This link.

Since raw chicken (or any chicken) never passes my threshold this is one less worry or concern I have.

Yep. I found going veg'n was more than worth it just based on the ease and cleanliness.
The longer you're vegan the easier it gets to just throw stuff together.
And all in all it's cheaper
Even when you compare the faux meats to flesh meat it really only compares if you compare them to processed ready to cook meat.
Like a Beyond Burger should be compared to premade patties ready to grill, not a pound of cheap ground (although the pack of Beyond ground isn't any less than the burgers 🤔)

When you order pizza. there aren't 20 different choices. Maybe just whether you go with the vegetarian supreme without cheese or the custom toppings olive, mushroom, green pepper.

Reactions: Emma JC
but we still have to deal with preparing separetly
quinoa; rice; wheat; buck-wheat; barley; cereal; corn; tubors; potatoes;
:p

When you order pizza. there aren't 20 different choices. Maybe just whether you go with the vegetarian supreme without cheese or the custom toppings olive, mushroom, green pepper.
not true the pizza place with the most toppings on selection here is vegan.
At-least according to happy cow.

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
I love how it simplifies my life in that I don't have to make decisions like.... should I be bad (healthwise) and stop for a donut? or pick up a chocolate bar for later? or some of that horrid chip dip? I just don't do those things anymore and so don't have to make those decisions... I always have things at home that I can either take with me (dates, nuts, dried fruit, dark choc squares) or eat at home. I can drive by Dairy Queen and not want to stop in (the last time I did before we went vegan it was a huge disappointment anyways) or by Wendys and not stop for a cheap burger etc.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I love how it simplifies my life in that I don't have to make decisions like.... should I be bad (healthwise) and stop for a donut? or pick up a chocolate bar for later? or some of that horrid chip dip? I just don't do those things anymore and so don't have to make those decisions... I always have things at home that I can either take with me (dates, nuts, dried fruit, dark choc squares) or eat at home. I can drive by Dairy Queen and not want to stop in (the last time I did before we went vegan it was a huge disappointment anyways) or by Wendys and not stop for a cheap burger etc.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Well, I'm not sure that is about simplifying. Maybe just making it easier to eat healthy. Also: Cheaper.

When I was working it was always so tempting to pick up some take out or drive thru on the way home. Even tho I'm not working anymore, if I am driving home at dinner time I do thing about it. What helps me a lot with the temptation side of it is that I do a lot of meal planning nowadays and if I was to stop for takeout I would throw the plan off. And maybe have something go bad. Plus its much easier if something is already prepared and waiting at home. And... take out has become so expensive lately.

Not for you? In Cali? I'm even looking forward to a new pizza place coming by me that has a vegan menu!
O.O How is that even possible?!
The only thing that keeps me from buying lots of vegan items is the price! I'm in US and there are very good processed vegan options that are quite pricey. Price keeps me from buying them more than the health aspect, so just as well :ignore:

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
The only thing that keeps me from buying lots of vegan items is the price! I'm in US and there are very good processed vegan options that are quite pricey. Price keeps me from buying them more than the health aspect, so just as well :ignore:
Wait those exist? ~~
my diet contains random filler and Chemicals with squeezed beans at this point.
I Honestly want to reduce my contribution to the horrors on this planet down to net negative.

Wait those exist? ~~
my diet contains random filler and Chemicals with squeezed beans at this point.
I Honestly want to reduce my contribution to the horrors on this planet down to net negative.
What?
Where are you?
Honestly my goal is to eat whole plant foods--vegetables fruit beans legumes greens seeds and nuts
Seems each country has different varieties of faux meats and vegan cheeses
Oh, and I do love to make seitan!

What?
Where are you?
Honestly my goal is to eat whole plant foods--vegetables fruit beans legumes greens seeds and nuts
Seems each country has different varieties of faux meats and vegan cheeses
Oh, and I do love to make seitan!
In what sort of vegan paradise do you live? the choices are highly suspicious filler and squeezed bean juice with added chemicals.

In what sort of vegan paradise do you live? the choices are highly suspicious filler and squeezed bean juice with added chemicals.
There's more options over here, just need to go to a chain grocery store.
Got all sorts of vegan alternatives.

Reactions: FlandersOD
There's more options over here, just need to go to a chain grocery store.
Got all sorts of vegan alternatives.
This missisipi place seams to be some sort of vegan paradise as i live in what you americans call a food desert. then Dealing with others makes it all much more complicated.

Not for you? In Cali? I'm even looking forward to a new pizza place coming by me that has a vegan menu!

I agree! If vegan ice cream were $3 a pint, rather than $6, I'd probably eat it every week! :D

Even though I fuss about restaurants sometimes not having enough vegan options on the menu, I do like that it doesn't take long to choose a meal at those places. :D And like Lou, I plan a lot of meals, so stopping for takeout (Burger Fi's Beyond burger and fries, for example) would disrupt the plan and lead to spoilage. And I loathe wasting food.

Also, being vegan means eliminating an aisle or two in the grocery store. No shopping for flesh or dairy milk.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou