Behond Meat burgers great for transitioners.

Vegan Dogs

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Beyond Meat’s first-ever TV commercial just aired!

Vegan plant BASED CRUELTY DEATH FREE BURGERS. PLANT MEAT. NO CHOLESTEROL so heart healthy, no CANCER risk NO PANDEMIC VIRUS RISK. Takes 1000's less land and water resources to produce no more deforestation to grow soy for farm animal feed. No greenhouse gas production to change the climate...

Wish i had bought stock with any money in BEHOND MEAT hey they are doing well unlike many other shares and stocks due to pandemic economic meltdowns....

Now...there are those who support or are agains the "IMPOSSIBLE BURGER" as it was tested on some animals in development stages and is not cooked of course in vegan plant oils but in the same oils as cooked animal burgers sold.

Is the "Impossible Burger" made by "Behond MEAT" ? i am not sure.

Anyway...the other day in the UK...driving in some not God forsaken place in inner WALES a place called PENMACHNO near Bettwys Coed...who the English subdued and beat into submission centuries ago like the Native Americans were of course by the British French and any other European wanting to "grab land " and be "immigrants" against the wishes of the natives...

I found some BEHOND MEAT BURGERS so cooked them...3 MINUTES only cooking time needed...impressive that i thought...and my only friends in the world maybe and I ate them and found them delicious actually. Well tasty enough to eat is my verdict...i personally was simply "not put off" and being hungry found them paletable is the truth. There was a VAGUE texture to remind one of animal flesh meat maybe....a vague taste also ? well it was bland ...that is what i recall as the taste of flesh meat eaten in the past...bland...needing spices to make tasty. Needing a load of veggies to make tasty.

Anyway...we added strong tasting ONIONS and TOMATOS to these "Behond Meat" burgers we ate ...so actually the taste was drowned by those strong taste addition lol !

Youtube Behond Meat Advertisement
images
https://youtu.be/L44U7wn9IjQ

images
https://www.cnet.com/health/beyond-meat-vs-impossible-burger-whats-the-difference/

WHAT IS THE IMPOSSIBLE BURGER MADE OF?
Look at the packaging on a Beyond Burger or an Impossible Burger and you'll find a sprawling list of ingredients.
Impossible FoodsThe Impossible Burger.
The
images
Impossible Burger contains:
Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.
Other than water, the main ingredient is soy protein concentrate. In and of themselves, soybeans are perfectly healthy, but soy protein concentrate is
images
heavily processed, which means many of the benefits of the raw food are lost.
For example, raw soybeans provide a great deal of calcium, vitamin C, vitamin B-6, iron and magnesium, but Impossible Foods fortifies its burgers with vitamins and minerals, likely to make up for the lost nutrients during processing.
Beyond MeatThe Beyond Meat Burger.
WHAT IS THE BEYOND BURGER MADE OF?
Just like the Impossible Burger, the
images
Beyond Burger has a long list of ingredients. It contains:
Water, Pea Protein Isolate, Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Refined Coconut Oil, Contains 2% or less of the following: Cellulose from Bamboo, Methylcellulose, Potato Starch, Natural Flavor, Maltodextrin, Yeast Extract, Salt, Sunflower Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Dried Yeast, Gum Arabic, Citrus Extract (to protect quality), Ascorbic Acid (to maintain color), Beet Juice Extract (for color), Acetic Acid, Succinic Acid, Modified Food Starch, Annatto (for color).
In terms of ingredients, the two burgers are pretty similar, the exception being the main protein source. Beyond Meat uses pea protein instead of soy protein, and there's no
images
soy leghemoglobin, which is Impossible's key ingredient that makes the burger "bleed."
Also, Beyond Burger's red color comes from beet extract, rather than heme from the leghemoglobin like in the Impossible patty.
Related:
images
There's a new meatless burger on the market. Find it at Whole Foods.
ARE THE IMPOSSIBLE AND BEYOND BURGERS VEGAN?
Yep, the
images
Impossible Burger and
images
Beyond Meat Burger are both vegan -- neither contains any animal products of by-products.
In a statement to CNET, Impossible Foods confirmed that its burger is vegan but noted it has
images
used animal testing to evaluate the safety of its heme protein (also called soy leghemoglobin).
Beyond Meat goes one step further to state that all of its products are certified vegan by the
images
Vegan Action Foundation.
The Impossible Burger is also
images
certified halal and
images
kosher. Beyond Meat doesn't specify if its products are kosher or halal.
Related:
images
Is vegan cheese healthier than real cheese?
Editor's note, May 29, 2019: Updated this section to include a statement from Impossible Foods about their product being vegan.
IS THE BEYOND BURGER OR IMPOSSIBLE BURGER HEALTHIER?
The bottom line is that both of these companies have created a "burger" in a lab, made from only plant products and designed to emulate the taste and texture of real beef. Your comfort level with that depends on your stance on food engineering (and how picky you are about beef, if you do eat it).
Beyond MeatBeyond Meat offers sausages and "beef" crumbles in addition to the Beyond Burger.
A few things might influence your opinion on which burger is healthier:
  • The Impossible Burger contains mostly organic ingredients, while the Beyond Burger doesn't
  • The Beyond Burger is strictly non-GMO, whereas Impossible Foods recently faced backlash about using genetically modified ingredients that contain the
    images
    pesticide glyphosate
  • The Impossible Burger is fortified with more vitamins and minerals than the Beyond Burger
From a numbers standpoint, both burgers hit around the same marks: Per serving they both have:
  • Just under 300 calories
  • About 20 grams of protein
  • Nearly 400 milligrams of sodium -- so be mindful if you're watching your salt intake.

IMPOSSIBLE FOODS AND BEYOND: BURGERS, BACON, FISH BORN FROM PLANTS AND LABS

McDonald's here (Canada) has Beyond Meat burgers (PLT), they have a space set aside for cooking on their grill press. Very good. I have bought the burgers and ground in the stores, the ground has much more beef like chew. A healthier choice would be to go where they make a veggie burger from chickpeas, lentils or beans and veg like beetroot and carrot.

I love them, and I've got some members in my family on board. My mom absolutely loves them. She doesn't eat red meat anymore for health reasons, and she is thrilled to have this alternative.

Reactions: David3