Communal Cook-Fest!

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
Beat-the-Winter-Blues.jpg

Hey, gang! It's been a while since we've cooked "together" and I thought since it's winter-time for a great many of us, an awesome way to shake off some of that cold-weather funk is to get involved with another cooking project... with good friends! :)

I was initially thinking of folks making TWO things... a soup or stew AND some sort of baked good.

What do you think?? Any thoughts or suggestions regarding what, how, & when?

For quite some time I've been itchin' to make Italian Vegetable & Gnocchi Soup | a Couple Cooks and another cook-fest seems like the perfect excuse to do so! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52 and Freesia
Reactions: Freesia
Well, yay, featured thread! :jump:

So I was looking up dates this month & happened to discover that January 21st is Soup Swap Day. :weird:

Fun Holiday – Soup Swap Day

As appropriate as that may be for our soup/stew-making event, it seems like a while to wait.... What do you all think??

If we wanna bump things up, THIS Friday is Friday the 13th! ;)

Last edited:
Hmmm, I probably can't do either weekend (going to be at the Women's March on Washington on the 21st and working on the 13th), so I can participate whenever and post my photos. :D

Hmmm, I probably can't do either weekend (going to be at the Women's March on Washington on the 21st and working on the 13th), so I can participate whenever and post my photos. :D
I think doing this like the last one (over a whole weekend instead of just one day) is probably the best bet for everybody....

I don't mind if it is next weekend or the weekend after.

I think I will look for a soup recipe that I have never tried before.:)

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
I haven't decided on a baked good yet... been going back & forth in my mind between sweet & savory. If I bake something savory to compliment the soup, then I can enjoy it. If I bake something sweet, then Jerry gets it all. LOL :rolleyes:

I found a couple savory things that looked pretty amazing & should pair nicely with Italian-themed soup....

Upon further reflection, maybe a tomato-basil pie wouldn't be quite right as tomatoes aren't in season. I DID find a tasty looking recipe for artichoke bruschetta though! Artichoke Bruschetta Recipe -- Obviously I wouldn't use either mayo (yuck) or feta cheese ("enzymes" & high sodium).... Hey, ya know, I could do the crescent roll dip cups again but fill 'em with artichoke bruschetta stuff! I've still got a can of artichoke hearts... I'd just have to get a jar of sun-dried tomatoes... and I'd already be getting fresh basil for the soup....

Hmmm.... yeah, I'm giving this idea some serious thought.... :drool:

Any date works for me since I never commit anyway. :D