Communal Cook-Fest!

OK, I've got my cook-fest shopping list completed! Some time this week I'll be picking up:
  • Imagine low-sodium veggie broth **
  • Simple Truth fire-roasted tomatoes **
  • Simple Truth garbanzos **
  • Horizon mozzarella shreds **
  • Cascadian Farm or Simple Truth frozen green beans **
  • HemisFares frozen gnocchi **
  • Simple Truth garlic powder **
  • sun-dried tomatoes
  • roasted red peppers
  • crescent rolls
  • baby spinach
  • fresh basil
  • yellow onion
  • zucchini
I decided myself to add zucchini (I'll oven-roast it) & roasted red peppers to the soup. ** = coupon! :)

So this weekend's cool?? Unless there are major objections I guess we should make it official.... o_O
:starshower:Veggie Views beat-the-winter-blues Communal Cook-Fest!! January 13-15, 2017 :starshower:

... and this way the featured thread won't expire before we all cook our stuff... LMAO :p

Reactions: PTree15 and Freesia
I'm not a cook. Can I buy the food instead? :D
You can always buy a bunch of canned or frozen veggies & just dump 'em all in a pot of broth.... LOL :p

Hell, the only things NOT canned or frozen in my crap will be garlic, onion, zucchini, spinach, & basil! :rolleyes: LMAO

Do you like pea soup? I know using dry split peas are a pain because you have to rinse & sort them & inspect for stones/pebbles.... but this recipe says you can use frozen peas! And it looks super easy! :D

http://www.yummly.co/#recipe/3-Ingredient-Pea-Soup-_Vegan_-1473108

Last edited:
I have been thinking a little about this. I know I will be cooking at some point in the next few days but not sure when..

things are a bit chaotic around here with builders, plumbers, neighbours, and others, randomly showing up on top of the usual busyness

so when I do cook it will definitely be a rush job but I will do my best to get photos both of the shopping and of the cooking.

Not entirely sure what I am making but I have a recipe for bean cassoulet and have intended to try it for years... so I might try and throw together a simplified version of it.

If you are thinking "what is a cassoulet" well here is an example though this isnt the recipe I am using...

Vegetarian Cassoulet Recipe

Usually it is an omni thing but there are plenty of veg versions around.

If you are thinking "what is a cassoulet" well here is an example though this isnt the recipe I am using...

Vegetarian Cassoulet Recipe

Usually it is an omni thing but there are plenty of veg versions around.
Yeah, it's like when I made that lentil "bolognese" a while back... you can veganize practically ANYTHING! :)

Reactions: Freesia
I've never done it with red lentils and I love red. I always used regular brown. I will have to try red now!

I use brown in my Snobby Joes and red in my bolognaise. It ends up with a bit of a mushy texture as the red breaks down more than brown.. but I like it.

This is the recipe I use...

RED LENTIL BOLOGNESE

Except I dont know why they are saying marjoram, I use oregano.