Baskin Robins Launches Non-Dairy Flavors!

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I Scream! You Scream! We All Scream For Ice Cream!

I don't have a B&R near me, but last year I did go to one and although they didn't have any nondairy "ice creams". they did have several nondairy options. Ices and Sorbets. I had the Miami Vice Sorbet.

But starting August First you can go to a B&R and get a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or Chocolate Extreme.

“The Baskin-Robbins culinary team has been hard at work on our non-dairy flavors for over two years. It was important for us to take the time to get it right,” says Jeanne Bolger, Director of Research and Development at Baskin-Robbins. “Both flavors are so smooth and indulgent, and the final product delivers the incredible quality that our customers have come to expect from any Baskin-Robbins ice cream. We’re very proud of the result.”

1. When I was 12 my life's ambition was to get a job on the B&R culinary team.
2. Two years to get two flavors right?! Am I naive or does this seem to be an extremely long time to make an ice cream flavor?

According to the press release these are made with " a base of coconut oil and almond butter" which I think is kind of unique. But still... two years.

Reactions: Mom2vegan