Vegan Banana Cream Date Pie

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score
Want a simple, healthy way to make delicious banana cream pie? I share my super easy recipe with raw vegan and raw till 4 vegan variations. It's the perfect treat for your holiday meal- and when you make bite size pies, it's okay to eat the whole thing...or two!

Ingredients:

Bananas
Dates
Vegan milk (optional)
Graham crackers (optional)

Supplies:
Blender or food processor
Pie tins

All you need for the raw vegan version of this is bananas, dates, and pie tins. You can do either do a full size pie or rock it out bite-size style with a mini-pie.

For the more raw till four version, you can add whichever kind of vegan milk you want and graham crackers to your list of ingredients- as long as they aren’t honey graham crackers.

Now i’ve tried making this pie a variety of ways and there is the eat-it-now version and a wait-a-bit version. I’m sure you know which version i prefer. For the eat-it-now version, you’ll want your bananas to be pre-frozen.

For your crust, there are two different directions you can go- if you want to go more classic taste to your pie and you’re not a strict 80/10/10 raw vegan, you can use a graham cracker crust. And for your raw vegan crust, take some of your dates, remove the pit, and tear them in half. Then use the halved dates to line the pie tin.

For your pie filling, in the eat-it-now version you want to grab your frozen bananas and you can use either a blender or a food processor, whichever one you have and are more comfortable with. Now as far as how many to use, you can just kind of eyeball however bit your pie tin is. If you’re going to be making a full size pie, your going to want more. If you want a more classic cream taste to your banana cream pie, this is where you can add some of your chosen vegan milk- and particularly if you use a vanilla flavored style, you’re going to have a sweeter taste. If you want to stay on the more 80/10/10 raw vegan side of things, just add a little water. And another option if you really want to sweeten up the filling of your pie, you can add some dates to the mix of your filling up to your sweetness preference.

Blend it all up. And now you have your pie filling! Simply pour it into your pie tins and you can dive right in there! If you want to save some for later- maybe you’ve made a big pie! You can store them in the freezer in an airtight storage container. That is also what you can do for the eat-it-later versions. And you make those simply by following the exact same steps but using fresh bananas and pouring those into your pie tins and then leaving them in the freezer until they’re hard enough and chilled to serve.