Health Issues Bad toe nails

peacefulveglady

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello
Over the past few years I been noticing few of my toenails have been turning bad, they were yellow and probley was infected but by the time I been looking for treating them, I cannot correct them and becoming worse, I might have to go to a foot doctor but, I would like to know what I can do about the itching and not irritate the rest of the foot , I would like some natural ideas. I know of some vinegar and water ideas but what else can I do?
Thanks

Tea tree oil may help. Be sparing at first, unless you know you can use it straight. Most people can use it undiluted; it is one of the few essential oils that can be applied without diluting it. Don't use it on companion animals though, if you have any.

Apply it straight to your toenails, and if you have generalized trouble elsewhere on your feet, put a few drops in a foot bath with warm water and soak. You could also try putting rooibos tea in the warm water. It is very good for relieving itching. So is oatmeal. Grind up some dry oats in your blender and add them to your foot bath.

Tea tree oil may help. Be sparing at first, unless you know you can use it straight. Most people can use it undiluted; it is one of the few essential oils that can be applied without diluting it. Don't use it on companion animals though, if you have any.

Apply it straight to your toenails, and if you have generalized trouble elsewhere on your feet, put a few drops in a foot bath with warm water and soak. You could also try putting rooibos tea in the warm water. It is very good for relieving itching. So is oatmeal. Grind up some dry oats in your blender and add them to your foot bath.
What she said :) ^^
You can dilute the tea tree oil in olive oil if it stings. Use it daily for a month, no kidding, even if it seems gone. You sound as if you have a fungus, and if you don't treat it for long enough, it will reappear when conditions become right.

Is your health otherwise okay? No diabetes or circulation issues, gout?

I have no diabetes and no circulation problems. Its just that I want some of this cleared by mid summer or so.
Keep feet dry, wash daily and apply the tea tree to the nail area. Sunshine can help, too; fungus hates it and hates fresh air, so barefoot, flip flops or thin white cotton socks in the house.

Also, soaking toes in or painting on apple cider vinegar (pretty cheap in grocery store), and I have heard of oregano oil helping, too. Nail fungus is stubborn, and one reason I have never gotten a mani or pedi at a salon! It is one way to pick it up.

Yes I wear thin white socks that goes up to the ankle, I had a bad habit of wearing them to bed each day and forgetting to take them off, that is why I developed this problem a few years ago, we tried tea tree oil but, I think I might try a combo of these suggestion.
We do have a big bottle of noni juice we didn't like the taste of it and its going to waste, I am wondering if that will work.

Yes I wear thin white socks that goes up to the ankle, I had a bad habit of wearing them to bed each day and forgetting to take them off, that is why I developed this problem a few years ago, we tried tea tree oil but, I think I might try a combo of these suggestion.
We do have a big bottle of noni juice we didn't like the taste of it and its going to waste, I am wondering if that will work.
I would try the noni juice since you have it! I just googled and read it has antifungul properties.

Yes I am looking up the benefits of noni juice and I am going to search for the bottle, we have a big bottle we didn't use.