Awesome Things Omnis Say

AeryFairy

Anachronism
Reaction score
The opposite to the Stupid Things Omnis Say thread. This thread is for all the positive, kind, supportive things the meat eaters in our lives say and do.

A friend from where I grew up was asking me if I would be around this Christmas. I said I would be around, and she said she was having a dinner party so she'd start looking up all the different vegan Christmas dinner items she could make for me. Plus all the side dishes will be vegan, so the only thing I won't be able to have will be whatever the meat option is :)

This girl is very much "I love my meat!", but she's always really supportive of me :)

My roommates and friends do me a tremendous service by not asking about my veggie status. They've stopped asking if I wanted any meat items or questioning my reasoning about it. They don't go out of their way to accommodate my lifestyle, but they don't make it a pain in the ***, either. A blessing that truly is.

A work colleague called me a goddess the other for my chocolate chip cookies :). This week was particularly stressful at work and, like my mom, I always think something tasty will help lighten the mood. This is the same colleague with whom I went yarn shopping, and it was she who chose a veggie restaurant for lunch. A very nice thing to do.

Reactions: thefadedone
A friend got the train to come visit me last week, we walked around town for a bit, grabbed some lunch then came back to mine. She then told me she had bought desert. She'd been carrying around a fondu set in her bag all day, some bars of Lindt chocolate and some strawberries and bananas..."vegan desert" she said and smiled. Brilliant :) xxx

Aw I love this thread. I have loads!

When I last saw one of my friends, they didn't mind that we went around ALL of the coffee shops because even though I knew they should have had a vegan option, lots of them didn't have it in the store, so they didn't mind one iota while we trekked around finding the one that did stock it! :) They said "well I wont look at the sandwiches until you've checked" which I thought was sweet :)

When I was travelling there wasn't much for me to eat, so lots of people donated the vegan bits (i.e. the fruit!) of their lunches (we were given pack lunches but next to none of it was vegan) to me so I'd have enough to eat. There was also one time in the whole trip (a month) there was a vegan desert food, so everybody let me have lots extra because I hadn't eaten anything nice in weeks :D

My nan was really excited when I was at her house and I could eat their hot cross buns at easter :) She's in her 70s and doesn't really understand veganism but she's always keen to see I have something to eat which is really sweet!

Gotta go now, more for later! :D

Reactions: AeryFairy
Aw I dont know why we didnt start this thread sooner!

Off the top of my head:
M is very sweet when it comes to keeping his meat and dairy away from my stuff and is always willing to try something vegany.
My friend Dr brings vegan snacks when he comes round and if he cant find vegan he will at leasttry and get veggie or even just tea.
My friend F found a place to take me for vegan food for our last meet up and made sure i had a special meal at her Wedding...the only veggie in the village. hehe. And when she came here for a girly day we ate 100% vegan and she she it was the best meal she'd had in ages...and shes hard to please!
My Mam always keeps a packet of sausage or chicken in so I have something to have over there and she started drinking almond milk too so thats always in!

Some coworkers decided to organize "crockpot Wednesdays" where people take turns and bring in a crockpot dish to share. Last week this guy brought in a hearty soup made with sausage, but he made a whole separate batch that was vegan just for me. He took great pains in selecting the spices since he felt like the sausage is what gives it the flavor and he wanted to make sure mine was tasty. It was very good! I was touched by his thoughtfulness.

:(
Some coworkers decided to organize "crockpot Wednesdays" where people take turns and bring in a crockpot dish to share. Last week this guy brought in a hearty soup made with sausage, but he made a whole separate batch that was vegan just for me. He took great pains in selecting the spices since he felt like the sausage is what gives it the flavor and he wanted to make sure mine was tasty. It was very good! I was touched by his thoughtfulness.

That is an amazing gesture KL.

This thread made me have nightmares last night as I dreamt that I was actually cooking meatballs for my collegues.

My mum (who I do not live with) bought me a vegan advent calendar :D

:D Awesome.

I forgot all about this thread. My mum always bakes me vegan stuff when I go to visit, and is always really keen to find ways to veganise things. She made me an awesome frangipane and apricot tart once. :drool:

My fiance eats vegan meals every day. Considering most omnis I know wouldn't dream of such a thing, I consider myself very lucky. Of course, he is lucky too, I cook him delicious vegan meals most days ;)

Most of my close friends and family look out for vegan things when they're out and about and report back to me "did you know this place does vegan chocolate?" "oh I saw that this cafe had a pasta dish I think might be vegan?" etc. When they buy gifts, they often try REALLY hard to get me vegan stuff - sweets/chocolate/etc.

My nan and grandad always buys me vegan chocolate even though the idea baffles them. They always give them to me and ask if they got it right or not, and buy about three bars to make sure at least one is (I never have the heard to mention if they get it wrong though tbh, but these days they rarely do) :p

When non-vegan friends cook me meals I'm always really appreciative, since as a teen I rarely got invited to peoples houses for dinner since they didn't know what to feed me. Which is fair enough, but it was obvious that once I turned vegan I stopped getting invited for dinner. So my friends mum made me a vegan mushroom soup, and another friend when I was at school invited me for dinner and made me stuffed mushrooms, and my fiances parents sometimes buy special vegan stuff in for me to eat. :D Which is all very lovely and makes me feel <3.

:D Awesome.

I forgot all about this thread. My mum always bakes me vegan stuff when I go to visit, and is always really keen to find ways to veganise things. She made me an awesome frangipane and apricot tart once. :drool:

My fiance eats vegan meals every day. Considering most omnis I know wouldn't dream of such a thing, I consider myself very lucky. Of course, he is lucky too, I cook him delicious vegan meals most days ;)

Most of my close friends and family look out for vegan things when they're out and about and report back to me "did you know this place does vegan chocolate?" "oh I saw that this cafe had a pasta dish I think might be vegan?" etc. When they buy gifts, they often try REALLY hard to get me vegan stuff - sweets/chocolate/etc.

My nan and grandad always buys me vegan chocolate even though the idea baffles them. They always give them to me and ask if they got it right or not, and buy about three bars to make sure at least one is (I never have the heard to mention if they get it wrong though tbh, but these days they rarely do) :p

When non-vegan friends cook me meals I'm always really appreciative, since as a teen I rarely got invited to peoples houses for dinner since they didn't know what to feed me. Which is fair enough, but it was obvious that once I turned vegan I stopped getting invited for dinner. So my friends mum made me a vegan mushroom soup, and another friend when I was at school invited me for dinner and made me stuffed mushrooms, and my fiances parents sometimes buy special vegan stuff in for me to eat. :D Which is all very lovely and makes me feel <3.

How wonderful that your immediate family go out of their way to make/buy you vegan treats. Lucky you.

1525286_650819328308763_922214422_n.jpg