Asparagus - Your favourite recipes

Lord Snot

Parsley Provider
Reaction score
Asparagus recipes all seem to be with hollandaise sauce or drizzled with olive oil and cheese. There must be other ingredients that go really well with asparagus, what are your favourites?

Right now I'm steaming some. I will just dress it with lemon juice, salt and black pepper because I don't know what else to do with it.

I usually just drizzle a little olive oil (just a tiny bit) and some kosher salt. Use a fork or other utensil to roll the spears on the baking sheet or pan to distribute the oil.
I've done it without the oil & salt, too, just under the broiler/grill for a few minutes until it starts to brown a bit on top.

Edit: I can eat a whole pound like this as my meal.

My favorite is roasted also - just a drizzle of olive oil, and salted when it's done. I do it in a cast iron pan on the stove top. It's also good on the barbeque grill.

I'm probably in the minority here but I love asparagus just as it is... steamed with no spices whatsoever... I just love the taste of it all by it's lonesome.

Of course I don't particularly like the smell of my pee afterwards. :p

My dad always marinated them in kraft italian dressing and tossed them on the BBQ. Nommy.