Are women finally changing things?

Mischief

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
After reading about the new sexual misconduct allegations against Clarence Thomas, I was thinking about his confirmation hearing. I suspect that Anita Hill's testimony would yield a different result today. At least, I hope so.

I'm also reading a lot of pieces similar to this one http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/28/u...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news, detailing the internal difficulties the GOP is facing because of its defense of the words and actions of Donald Trump.

Likewise, moments like Megyn Kelly's interaction with Gingrich are calling into question Fox's future direction, now that Ailes's reign of misogyny and sexism has been revealed.

I think we might finally be making some progress.

I don't really know. I hope so. I do know that if Hillary Clinton is elected president, the ugly racism directed at Barack Obama will be replaced with ugly sexism and misogyny. It's already been happening during the campaign, and, in addition to the racism directed at the Obama women, I've seen sexism directed at them as well.

I don't know the answer to your question. It depends on what you think should be done with respect to his conduct. If basically nothing is done, then I would say there was no meaningful progress.