Are Vegans More Depressed?

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score
Are vegans more depressed than non-vegans? What does the science say? Unsurprisingly, there is a great deal of back and forth within the medical, scientific, and lay communities, about the impact of veganism on mental health, with ample studies indicating the mood enhancing benefits of a whole foods vegan diet, while others suggest a correlation between veg inclinations and incidents of mental illness

It's just too bad, for me, that going vegan only isolated me more. I thought going vegan was easy until I found out the community didn't accept me.

It's just too bad, for me, that going vegan only isolated me more. I thought going vegan was easy until I found out the community didn't accept me.
I've met a couple of very kind and welcoming people in the vegan community who I see as role models for how to receive new members into (real-life) groups. Well, I just don't have these people's contagious positivity and glowing personalities, but it's something to aspire towards. Their efforts are incredibly important in building community in the vegan movement.

Reactions: PTree15
Perhaps we are more depressed because we see how other people are eating ... eat like me! we wish to cry out ...

No one I know in 'real life' eats a plant based / vegan diet ... they view me as a harmless, good-natured crank.

I do not mind that one bit ... :)

Reactions: Amy SF