Are any of you with Talk Talk?

Blobbenstein

Reaction score
They seem to have had a cyber attack, and had customer information stolen..

Never ends, does it?

why can't bank details be stored off line, in another system non accessible from the internet?

I'm sure it's more convenient for them, but is it really necessary?

I'm with Talk Talk........

My family has Talk Talk. I'm with Virgin.

I believe that hackers can hack any site. There is no such thing as a hack proof website.

I have one bank account on line and I queried them about my concerns. They told me that would be responsable if my money was stolen in this manner which seems logical. It is also the banks that (in most cases) that are responsible for any fraudulent use of debit/credit cards.

I just went to login to my talk talk email, and the page contained this:

The TalkTalk Website Cyber Attack Information Update
3:30pm - 24/10/2015 - Latest Update
The investigations by TalkTalk and the Metropolitan Police Cyber Crime Unit into the cyber attack continue. We can confirm that the latest update of our investigation is as follows:

• This cyber attack was on our website not our core systems
  • We can confirm that we do not store complete credit card details on the website; any credit card details that may have been accessed had a series of numbers hidden and therefore are not usable for financial transactions eg 012345xxxxxx 6789
  • TalkTalk My Account passwords have not been accessed
  • We now expect the amount of financial information that may have been accessed to be materially lower than initially believed and would on its own not enable a criminal to take money from your account
  • The Metropolitan Police Cyber Crime Unit criminal investigation continues
All customers should:

• Sign up to your free credit reporting service using this code: TT231. We have partnered with Noddle, one of the leading credit reference agencies, to offer 12 months of credit monitoring alerts for all TalkTalk customers
  • Change your passwords - While TalkTalk My Account passwords have not been accessed, it would be prudent to change your TalkTalk password once this service is back up and running, and any other accounts that use the same password. We will update as soon as services are restored
  • Report anything suspicious – Keep an eye on your bank account and report anything unusual to your bank and Action Fraud as soon as possible. Action Fraud is the UK’s national fraud and internet crime reporting centre, and can be reached on 0300 123 2040 or via Action Fraud
  • Stay vigilant - TalkTalk will NEVER call customers and ask you to provide personal details or passwords. Please take all steps to check the true identity of any organisation that calls requesting for personal information. You can call us on 0800 083 2710 or 0141 230 0707.

Reactions: Second Summer
Update

Since the cyber attack on our website on Wednesday 21st October 2015, we have been working with the Metropolitan Police Cyber Crime Unit and world leading cyber crime and security experts, to establish what happened and to understand the extent of the data stolen during the attack. Our investigation continues, but we now know the extent of the data accessed is significantly less than originally suspected.

We can now confirm that the following personal data were accessed:

• Less than 21,000 unique bank account numbers and sort codes.

• Less than 28,000 obscured credit and debit card details. As previously stated, the middle 6 digits had been removed and therefore are not usable for financial transa_ctions e.g. 012345 xxxxxx 6789.

• Less than 15,000 dates of birth.

• Less than 1.2 million email addresses, names and phone numbers.

21,000 bank account numbers.....they haven't informed me if I was one of them......if they know, they should tell the people.