Anyone use a cat drinking fountain?

Wolfie

Forum Legend
Reaction score
If so, I'd like recommendations please. Also would like one that's not a pain to clean like a couple I had in the distant past for other cats.

Thanks.

I have this one.

My cats love it. I'm so happy. Unfortunately, it is a pain to clean because I have to take apart the piece where the pump is...it gets this pink slimy moldy film so I try to clean it once a week. I find it to be a pain. I had a stainless steel one in my cart for the longest time and then my daughter wanted one for her cats and surprised me with one. So beggars can't be choosers I suppose.
ca7bc52eaf2701acd15cc3bb9cd3a000.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped using the fountain due to Bratt and Joon getting chin acne. Supposedly, chemicals in plastic can cause chin acne so I had to ditch everything and switch to ceramic and stainless steel.

This will be my next purchase at some point. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is a fountain that's easy to clean, because the pump and its casing do need to be taken apart and cleaned regularly as it traps hair and forms some kind of mold/mildew. Maybe I'll put this on my birthday wish list for February and have one of my kids buy it for me. My cats really did enjoy drinking from a fountain.

IMG_1298.jpg

I tried, but got in a cat fight :p
All my cats seem to like water a lot, esp Dana who drinks every way she can- from her paw, the kitchen sink, straight up from the bowl, and by moving the bowl, taking a sip, move the bowl, sip, move the bowl...

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
My cats loved the drinking fountains I got for them, especially Sabrina. I did buy them the Drinkwell original design because that's what they liked, but that's the one that's a pain to clean. In fact, now that I'm suddenly without cats (hopefully temporarily), the last one used is still sitting on the floor in the corner of my apartment, unplugged, waiting to be properly cleaned out so I can use it for the next cat(s) in my life.