Anyone own an oil sprayer/spritzer/mister?

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I've been using the ones in the cans. and I think its time I moved up to something more economical and environmentally friendly.
Although a can seems to last me a year.

I had one years ago I got at a discount store pretty cheap. It had a pump you used to bring it to pressure and had a steady mist. It was great but didn't last long, even though I cleaned it properly. It quit pressurizing.,
I've heard you can use any spray bottle. I guess as long as you clean it well? Now I want to try! I quit those canned oils, they kinda scare me, they smell bad

• Informative
Reactions: Veganite
There seem to be two basic kinds. the ones that look like the sprayer we use on our plants and the ones that you pump up.
I think my main concern is wheter the nozzle gets gunked up and if it can be cleaned (easily).
According to Amazon, the pumps are the most popular. Like Misto. But the Evo looks really durable.

I had the same problem as silva. Mine also didn't last long. Furthermore, in my case, I so rarely used it that the oil went rancid in the container. That was the icing on the cake for me. Nowadays if I need oil, I brush it on or use Earth Balance.

I think I would be inclined to try a spray bottle, as silva suggested, unless you want something fancy ;)

Reactions: Emma JC
I had the same problem as silva. Mine also didn't last long. Furthermore, in my case, I so rarely used it that the oil went rancid in the container. That was the icing on the cake for me. Nowadays if I need oil, I brush it on or use Earth Balance.

I think I would be inclined to try a spray bottle, as silva suggested, unless you want something fancy ;)

I don't see why it would go rancid any faster in a spray bottle than in the bottle it came in.

I don't see why it would go rancid any faster in a spray bottle than in the bottle it came in.

It doesn't go bad any faster in the spritzer bottle. What I was referring to is the spritzer bottle itself. It got gummed up and unusable in a short time.