Any recipe for fried fish, without fish or frying ?

walterbyrd

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
"Easy Vegan" on youtube, has what looks like a great recipe for vegan fish and chips.

But it involves deep frying - something I would like to avoid.

Other than getting those frozen fish fillets, is there way to make fried fish, without fish or frying?

Especially interested in making vegan tacos.

• 👍
Reactions: Lou

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I've never tried making my own. I have bought some vegan fish in the frozen food section (maybe they were Gardien). But that was a long time ago. I assume that they weren't that great or I would have gotten them again.

However, I have a PETA page bookmarked with lots of fish free fish recipes. but I have never tried any. but now I'm definitely going to try some.

Recently I have been relying on OneGreenPlanet for recipes. Here are some of theirs.

walterbyrd

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Thanks, I will take a look.

Since I originally posted, I also found this recipe where the "fish" is baked, not fried:

Vegan Fish and Chips Sandwich

• 👍

ChicagoVegan

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
This vegan fried fish recipe is from a couple of years ago now. . . . but, this guy, Gas, is amazing and his recipes always look absolutely beautiful and delish! Check it out: Link broken

Last edited by a moderator:

Mom2vegan

Reaction score
For a little while I was subscribing to Purple Carrot - a vegan meal kit delivery service. One of the meals was fried burmese "tofu" with an absolutely amazing sauce, served with amaranth seeds. It reminded me very much of a mild fried fish. Burmese tofu is extremely easy to make - you just mix chickpea flour with water, pour it in a shallow layer in a cake pan, and chill it.

• 👍

TofuRobot

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
This vegan fried fish recipe is from a couple of years ago now. . . . but, this guy, Gas, is amazing and his recipes always look absolutely beautiful and delish! Check it out: Link broken
I binged-watched Gaz's videos a couple years ago when he was still pretty new and I was newly vegan. I haven't made many of his recipes, but I did try the tofu fish thing, baked, and it didn't come out right for me. Perhaps I was unintentionally comparing it with the Gardein 'fish' fillet things. It's not - it's just tofu with some breading and seaweed, lol

jamii

Reaction score
Ketogenic nutritionist and coach Lara Clevenger, R.D., of TheKetoQueens.com, developed the recipes using cooking techniques and keto-approved ingredients that help mimic the textures of carbs you love. Clevenger went keto several years ago, and she was impressed by how it transformed her body, sleep, and energy levels.