Any other “seagans” here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8371
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8371

Hi!
I was vegan for over 10 years for moral reasons, and then decided to start eating fish again to help me gain some weight. So now I’m mostly vegan but with a little seafood, hence the “seagan” diet.
I know this would be highly criticized by hardcore vegans, and I understand that eating fish is not vegan.
Can anyone else relate to my situation? Do you feel guilty for eating fish again?

Hi!
I was vegan for over 10 years for moral reasons, and then decided to start eating fish again to help me gain some weight. So now I’m mostly vegan but with a little seafood, hence the “seagan” diet.
I know this would be highly criticized by hardcore vegans, and I understand that eating fish is not vegan.
Can anyone else relate to my situation? Do you feel guilty for eating fish again?

Can't relate, so I can't answer your primary question. However, I'd be interested to know why you'd feel it necessary to break your own moral conviction to gain weight when you could easily just up the higher calorie vegan foods (such as plant fats) to achieve this goal.

Can't relate, so I can't answer your primary question. However, I'd be interested to know why you'd feel it necessary to break your own moral conviction to gain weight when you could easily just up the higher calorie vegan foods (such as plant fats) to achieve this goal.
I have an eating disorder and struggle with being able to eat a well-balanced diet on a daily basis.

I have an eating disorder and struggle with being able to eat a well-balanced diet on a daily basis.
But fish isn't any higher in calories than most plant foods?
I can't relate because I never cared for fish, and well, seafood always seemed worse to me than land animals.
But, avocado, quinoa, nut butters, all the whole grains and starchy plant foods, as well as the processed foods.
Why pick seafood?
I really hate to get into discussions of eating disorders because your health is paramount to the opinions of others

Hi!
Eat a lot of rice all time 👍

Well, you'll become vegan again when there won't be any fish left in the sea. The oceans are collapsing.

You could always become vegan again one day. Follow some vegan recipe pages, my favourite one is called Connoisseurus Veg and has such delicious recipes........

Reactions: Deleted member 8371
Hi!

Eating fish is not the best way to gain weight.

Many people eat fish and vegetables to LOSE WEIGHT.

I've seen many skinny vegans gain weight.

You just have to take in more protein and more quality calories.

Yes, you aren't going to get a warm reception telling people you eat fish, without a medically necessary reason, on a forum dedicated to people who think eating animals is wrong.

No disrespect intended.

If I were you I would read "Becoming Vegan" by Brenda Davis R.D. and start tracking your nutrition on cronometer.com.

If not that, pay the money for a vegan friendly RD and get a plan to put on weight.