Any advice on research?

victoria_11

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I am a vegan undergraduate sustainable development student in Scotland. I am about to begin my dissertation on vegan individual and community perceptions of identity. I will conduct qualitative research, most likely using an online questionnaire. I have a lot of work to do on research design specifically regarding questionnaire makeup. If anyone has any advice that would be greatly appreciated!! I am starting a little late for my course timeline but I feel more motivated than I have in a while and I really want to do this project justice! I really want to be able to address useful questions about vegan identity. Thank you, be well

welcome to the forum and I hope you will contribute as well, to it

A couple of ideas:

How do people come to veganism? for health? for the animals? for the environment? because it is the "in" thing to do?

Once in, why do they stay? for health and if so, do they adopt a whole food plant-based healthy lifestyle or still eat a junkier vegan diet? do they come to appreciate the other aspects if they came to it for a particular aspect only?

How has the vegan lifestyle changed their families' interaction with them? do they eat out as much as before? are they planning to be activists or just quietly vegan?

Have they made new friends/contacts in the community that share their values?

Good luck, Emma JC

Reactions: Hog and Lou