Anti-Bullying Campaign is Homosexual Plot

AeryFairy

Anachronism
Reaction score
On Mix It Up at Lunch Day, schoolchildren around the country are encouraged to hang out with someone they normally might not speak to.

The program, started 11 years ago by the Southern Poverty Law Center and now in more than 2,500 schools, was intended as a way to break up cliques and prevent bullying.

But this year, the American Family Association, a conservative evangelical group, has called the project “a nationwide push to promote the homosexual lifestyle in public schools” and is urging parents to keep their children home from school on Oct. 30, the day most of the schools plan to participate this year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/u...bullying-program.html?_r=2&src=me&ref=general

This maxed out my stupid-meter for the day.

I hope those 200 schools didn't cancel because of the influence of misconceived religious ideas.

Getting along with people who are different from yourself is an important life skill, applicable e.g. in the workplace.

I keep getting surprised by the extent of the hostility against homosexuality in the US. (Edit: Not that it's any better in certain parts of Europe, of course ...)

A lot of the same parents probably plan to keep their kids out of school on October 31, so they don't fall prey to Halloween parties, which as every good Christian knows, are gatherings of Devil-worshippers. I know that's part of why I wasn't allowed to go to Halloween parties or go trick-or-treating when I was a kid.

A lot of the same parents probably plan to keep their kids out of school on October 31, so they don't fall prey to Halloween parties, which as every good Christian knows, are gatherings of Devil-worshippers. I know that's part of why I wasn't allowed to go to Halloween parties or go trick-or-treating when I was a kid.

Same here. It was satanic and evil.:rolleyes:

I do think this is a really bad idea, but not because it will make kids catch the gayness.

In secondary school I was horribly bullied. One of our teachers used to experiment on our class, she would read something in some journal about ways to improve learning and get permission from the headmistress to test it on us. Like separating us into American-style single desks instead of the doubles we were used to. One of her schemes must have come from something like this, because she decided (back with double desks) to split us all up from the friends we had chosen to sit with and put us with people we didn't hang out with, to reduce chatting.

I ended up next to one of the girls who bullied me and had led me to try and commit suicide the year before. I was terrified and unable to concentrate until her scheme failed (like all the others) and the teacher moved us back. It was just horrible.

The piece of the article quoted says children are "encouraged" to mix with those they wouldn't. That's fine. But then it goes on to say they are assigned numbers and paired up on that basis, so it seems more like "forced" to mix.

Everytime I see AFA.net screw ups in the news I cringe, I used to get thousands of emails like this and also to boycott **** that spread their paranoia. They are paranoid bigots in my book and they are having their supporters live with fear each day of their lives, I am sick of it. That is why I changed my beliefs around and started to be a free thinker Christian full of peace.

Reactions: Amy SF
Strong words are just as effective. Starting in sixth grade, the kids in my class who got bullied stayed close to me at recess, etc., because no one bothered them when I was around. And I never had to hit anyone to accomplish that. :) Although, if it had come down to that, I would have. Maybe that made my words more effective. :cool:

I wish there were anti-bullying campaigns around when I was in school. I got teased and bullied at all levels of my education, and even though I complained to my parents, they never did a thing about it, except to tell me to just ignore it and the bullies would stop. (They didn't.) Had someone - anyone - taken an interest in me, it might have made my childhood and adolescence a great deal easier. :(

"Family" = hostility nowadays. It seems that all the rights-are-for-white-heterosexual-christian-males groups are adopting names like this.

Family this, family that, traditional family, special happy family... stop deluding yourselves, people. This is the 21st century. There are a LOT of different families, get used to it!

this kind of group makes my blood boil and people who are bullied makes my heart break.
thanks to my parents, who taught me to stand up for bullied kids and to anyone who tried to bully me.

Reactions: thefadedone