Another possible scam email involving Apple

beancounter

The Fire That Burns Within
Reaction score
I just got an email today telling me "in order to get back into your account, you will nee to confirm some information". "It's easy, just click the link below"

I've never had an account with Apple. It's almost certainly a scam. If you get something like this, I would delete it right away.

i have a macbook pro from apple so i am not sure if it will effect me.

It's the other way around, PVL ..

It's only people who do have Apple accounts who will be affected.

These things are called 'phishing' mails.

If your not clear about the dangers of phishing mails you can read about what they are here:

Phishing is the method used to steal personal information through spamming or other deceptive means. There are a number of different phishing techniques used to obtain personal information from users ...

Phishers may send the same email to millions of users, requesting them to fill in personal details. These details will be used by the phishers for their illegal activities. Phishing with email and spam is a very common phishing scam. Most of the messages have an urgent note which requires the user to enter credentials to update account information, change details, and verify accounts. Sometimes, they may be asked to fill out a form to access a new service through a link which is provided in the email.

http://www.phishing.org/phishing-techniques/

I don't use my apple email account i use my gmail and yahoo accounts.

You're missing the point, PVL.

If you respond to any of these emails, open any attachments to them or follow any links in them you will have personal information stolen.

Any type of response also validates your email address. That will then be sold on to other fraudsters and attempts to defraud you will escalate.

Reactions: KLS52
Yes i know what your talking about I was a victim of phishing years ago with my aol email account , someone took my email and posted horrible pictures on there and someone wanted me arrested for them, I told them that I was in bed sleeping at the time.