Another food mega corp acquires another meat free company

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
This not only appears to be a trend but it appears to be increasing in frequency, and the rate appears to be increasing as well.
it's hard to tell if it's good news or not. I'm just afraid that Forest Nymph's head is going to spin all the way around.

This time it's Unilever. You may not be familiar with Unilever but it is one of the 10 mega corporations that produce and distribute about 80% of our foods. Unilever is not completely evil. It owns Lipton and Lipton has done some work with the Rainforest Alliance. And Hellman's which makes a vegan mayo. Also, it owns Ben and Jerry's which has started a dairy-free line of products. But between its paper consumption and its palm oil consumption, it has done some serious damage to forests in Indonesia.

It just recently bought a Holland Based company called the Vegetarian Butcher. Right now the Vegetarian Butcher's line of products is vegetarian. but their goal is to go Vegan next year. So that is good.
Yea!

https://vegnews.com/2018/12/unilever-acquires-the-vegetarian-butcher-to-meet-demand-for-vegan-meat

• Haha
Reactions: Forest Nymph
Unilever is evil. Even the name is evil, like one lever controls the world market. Just because some of the companies they acquired are ok doesn't make them good.

There was a big financial article on all this stuff, in Bloomberg called Vegetarians at the Gate. It's about companies and wealthy people trying to make more money investing in plant based protein.

Unilever is evil. Even the name is evil, like one lever controls the world market. Just because some of the companies they acquired are ok doesn't make them good.

There was a big financial article on all this stuff, in Bloomberg called Vegetarians at the Gate. It's about companies and wealthy people trying to make more money investing in plant based protein.

I saw that headline. Didn't read the article. Maybe I will later.