Animals are equal to humans:

But the original challenge was: So as a result humans and animals are equal. Prove me wrong, if you can!
Not: Do humans and animals have equal rights?
The answer to that is obviously no. Rights, in the sense we're talking about, are artificially constructed by humans to govern other humans (and exclude non-humans). The idea that humans do, or should, have equal rights is a noble pursuit. The idea that animals deserve any rights at all is -- to my understanding -- a driving principle for many vegans.

The answer is no. But it should be YES. Humans and animals should be equal in dignity and rights.

To respect someone's right to be or live in peace means to be equal in dignity and rights. Do you use an other definition of equality?
Whan I wrote "animals" I meant non-human animals.
The word "equal" has different meanings. In one context, equal = the same as.
That is the definition I was responding to, as based on your opening statement, "animals are equal to humans."
Everything else you say after that I didn't pay attention to since you began your post with a false premise.

That is the definition I was responding to, as based on your opening statement, "animals are equal to humans."
Everything else you say after that I didn't pay attention to since you began your post with a false premise.
Well it's a shame because my post's aim was to prove that the premise "non-human-animals and humans are not equal"is false. My post was a reducio ad absurdum.
Which premise did you find wrong?
And also in the post I was very clear that I'm not interested at the definition "equal=litterally identical as". Because then one could only be equal to oneself. Equality would be tautological.

This discussion is moved here :

Suppose that a super-intelligent pig existed. We will call him Roy.

Roy would not suddenly learn how to talk and communicate with humans. He might be an expert at communicating with other pigs. He would be intelligent from the standpoint of a pig. Yet, he will still perceive the world from the perspective of a pig.

If I suddenly became more intelligent, I would not be able to think more like a pig. I am a human and not a pig. Odds are I would still not do a very good job of being a pig if I was the smartest person on the planet. I might be able to come up with all sorts of useful inventions. But, I am still just a human.

Roy is probably so skilled at smelling that he can detect things 25 feet under the ground. Roy's large beautiful nose is only part of the story about why he smells so good. Roy also has a mind that allows him to analyze and distinguish the smells. Humans simply do not have the brainpower to process smells as good as a pig. Even if I had the nose of a pig and the brain of Albert Einstein, I still would not be able to smell as good as Roy.

Humans and pigs are not equal. I found that out when I unsuccessfully tried flirting with a gilt, a girl pig. She was more interested in Roy than me.

I do accept equal, and for example, at the end, what have you done to our world ? The Egyptians thought that our heart will be measured on a balance to test what we really have done in our life. So we can't say if intelligence is more important than kindness or swimming in the oceans, or flying like a fly. Everything is connected. When you kill, you hurt everyone. And many people know that, and they kill humans, plants, animals on purpose to access easy money and to impose their lies to others. Animals seem to have pure souls, they don't have to pass the balance test. But we can't say they are less important than us for our world. Animals must be equal or better. That's why people believed there were god, or gods.
Animals must be free.
Dog=goD in english ? Why ? Never hurt a dog !
But I love cat.
Is snoop Doggy Dog vegan? Or is he just making money?

Reactions: Hog