Animal Welfare, Global Animal Partnership, Whole Foods

Joe

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I visited my local Whole Foods and passed by trays of rotisserie chickens with orange stickers saying things like "Animal Welfare Rating: 2." I had never seen such labels before. They were produced by an organization called Global Animal Partnership, which has a six step rating process (they call it 5 step, but it has a 5+ level) that is based on the ideas of Dr. Temple Grandin.

Global Animal Partnership | Creating global partnerships to continually improve the lives of farm animals

I suppose it is better than conventional animal agriculture practices.

What are your thoughts?

What are your thoughts?

My first thought was a Jewskin lampshade labelled "Holocaust Victim Welfare Rating: 2".

Other thoughts included reduced prison sentences for; Polite and considerate rapists; Burglars who tidy up your house, a bit, after nicking your stuff; Pedophiles who actualy give kiddies the sweeties they lured them into their vehicles with the promise of.

It's a weird thing but doing bad **** to others 'nicely' really really sucks.

Reactions: Joe and Dedalus
It's just another omni tactic of sugarcoating the fact that people are eating animals that were born, raised, and slaughtered to appease their palates.

This. Meat marketing: ensuring you feel just fine about subjecting untold millions to a lifetime of suffering, followed by grisly death, torture and dismemberment.

Reactions: shyvas