The Everything Animal Thread

This "From Billions to None" trailer concerns a 2014 film which takes a close look at the Passenger pigeon's flight to extinction. It happened in only 30 years or so.

The video just shows a bat enjoying someone tickling it. If you'd rather delete the post because everyone can't view it, that'd be okay with me. It's pretty cute though.

Last edited:
The amiable Baiji (Yangtze River dolphin) is thought to have been last seen well over a decade ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyRoxy
A watermelon makes for a tasty summertime treat --- even for hippos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lou
Could birth control be the answer to saving wild horse populations in the US? These two Native American wildlife keepers in New Mexico think so.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I love these YouTube "animals react to a magic trick" vids.
there is a whole bunch of them with dogs. There is even the "What the Fluff challenge" - people doing one particular magic trick with a blanket and their pets.
There is even a bunch of videos where a "real" magician does tricks on various animals.

Although the entertainment value of these is indisputable, it also shows how "human' animals are.

I was going to post one here. But I can't pick out just one. so if anyone is interested they can just look one up in YouTube.

Reactions: Emma JC and Ger
Colorful, Peaceful & Beautiful

Reactions: Emma JC