Animal-friendly idioms

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Sometimes when expressing myself I need to use an idiom, but the only one I can think of is some old un-vegan expression like "beat a dead horse". So I was happy to come across this list of animal-friendly idioms. I think my favourite of the ones I hadn't heard before is ...

Feed a fed horse!

Full list:

Reactions: KLS52 and IC_
Hen pecked.
I don't think you understand the concept.
The idea is to take an idiom that has an animal in it and then take the animal out of it. "Veganize" it.

So instead of "bringing home the bacon"
you say, " bringing home the bagels".

:)

I don't think you understand the concept.
The idea is to take an idiom that has an animal in it and then take the animal out of it. "Veganize" it.

So instead of "bringing home the bacon"
you say, " bringing home the bagels".

:)

Thanks for highlighting it. I didn't read the first post.

Reactions: Lou
This just in

Sadly, because of you know what, I wasn't able to present my TEDx talk to a live audience this year.
However, the resourceful and resilient event organizers made it a virtual event, and now my video is live. BUT I DON'T WANT YOU TO WATCH IT...YET!
My TEDx talk called ANIMALOGY: CHANGE YOUR LANGUAGE, CHANGE THE WORLD is about how our animal-related words and expressions affect and reflect our perception of and our treatment of other animals.
I'm so proud of it, and I want the world to see it.
You know how that happens, right? VIEWS AND SHARES! AND, I heard that one of the secrets to increasing those views and shares is to have a video watched by a large number of people within the same time period.
So...I have a HUGE favor to ask: that you (and hopefully many others) will watch my talk at some point between this Friday December 18th at 6 a.m. PT and Saturday December 19th at 11 a.m. It's only 11 minutes long, and even if you just hit PLAY and don't watch it (but I hope you do), that will help!
Will you mark your calendar and ask the same of your friends, family, and followers? It would mean a huge boost to an important message about how we can improve our relationship with and treatment of our fellow animals. And hopefully inspire a really important conversation.
Okay ... so this part will require some self-control: this is the link to my TEDx talk (bit.ly/animalogytalk), but don't CLICK THAT yet! MARK YOUR CALENDAR to watch it during the designated times! (And forward this message to others to ask them to do the same!)
BONUS: Join me for a Live Open Q&A on Saturday December 19th at 11 a.m. PT on my Facebook page. And let's start that conversation!⁠
Thank you soooo much in advance! See you on Saturday!​

For the animals,
Colleen Patrick-Goudreau​

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
I know it's been suggested to use spill the beans instead of letting the cat out of the bag.
Although letting the cat out of the bag can mean revealing a secret it also can mean causing trouble. I want an animal-friendly idiom for that.

Suggestions anyone?