Animal Ethics Philosophy Literature Review

Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I am either looking for an existing literature review on animal ethics (in the philsophical sense rather than applied ethics) or looking to write my own.

If you have read one I'd be grateful if you shared.
If not then please share with me some animal ethics research you think must be included in a review. I'm looking for big names as well as less exposed papers or essays, new or old. Anything you think is interesting. (for example I have been reading through the Journal of Animal Ethics)

I would like to write my own, but just asking for the communities thoughts and recommendations.

Thank you kindly for your help and recommendations
Kris Cussans

List in progress:
The Oxford Handbook of Animal Ethics

Last edited:
I wrote two preliminary literature reviews for my Masters research on animal rights from social science and sociology rather than philosophy. The social science review is geared towards a project and sociology one is on multicultural animal defense and intersectional Ecological Feminism. I think if I combine the two I would probably have a solid lit review to actually add to a thesis document. I made As on both.

I don't know if that's what you want though. Animal ethics is broad, obviously.

Reactions: KristopherCussans
I wrote two preliminary literature reviews for my Masters research on animal rights from social science and sociology rather than philosophy. The social science review is geared towards a project and sociology one is on multicultural animal defense and intersectional Ecological Feminism. I think if I combine the two I would probably have a solid lit review to actually add to a thesis document. I made As on both.

I don't know if that's what you want though. Animal ethics is broad, obviously.

I'm mostly looking for philosophy texts. Epistemology and ethics mostly (consequentionalism, deontology etc.)

However, I think it would still be appropriate of me to read your social science and sociology literature review. You have peaked my interest and should provide me with more knowledge about the topic more broadly.

Also thank you Sax! I've added it to my list.

I'd be most grateful if you could share them, cheers :)
Kris

Reactions: Forest Nymph