Amy's Kitchen Products

I like Amy's products, some more than others. My opinion: It wouldn't hurt to keep a couple of their frozen meals in your freezer, for emergencies, perhaps.

I like Amy's products, some more than others. My opinion: It wouldn't hurt to keep a couple of their frozen meals in your freezer, for emergencies, perhaps.

There is nothing in the range that I can't cook. I always make extra batches of food and freeze individual portions. There is no way that I would fork out 4€ for a portion of lasagne or risotto.

I suppose that the products are expensive because they are made in the US.

I've tried a couple, the Italian spaghetti and one of the soups and I thought they were nice but too expensive to buy unless they were on offer.

I've tried a couple, the Italian spaghetti and one of the soups and I thought they were nice but too expensive to buy unless they were on offer.

I would not consider buying soups or spaghetti but would have liked either a burrito or lasagne dish but the price is ridiculous. Perhaps, I'll pick one of their burrito dishes during my visit to the UK.

It seems like I always see these products on offer when I am in a health food shop that is too far away from home or when I've been out for the day and I don't want to carry them around with me.

The only one I see regularly in a shop close to home is the Teriyaki bowl and it doesn't really appeal to me.
Amys Kitchen : Natural and Organic Foods : Teriyaki Bowl

The roasted vegetable pizza with no cheese is so very good. It is a bit expensive.

They're pretty expensive here too. I've only tried a few because of the prices and nothing was good enough to buy it a second time. For me, the servings were pretty small for the price, more like a snack between meals.

I just checked and the supermarkets near me only have the soups and a couple other vegan ones like the red curry. Soup is about the one thing I know how to make which is annoying as I wouldn't bother to buy canned soups. I would like to try the vegan pizza.

I consume Amy's burritos and soups regularly.

The only food of hers I tried was a black bean burrito which, like Amy SF mentioned, was good for emergencies. They don't sell it near me any more though. I only got it on offer, it wasn't worth the price tag.

I forgot about the burritos. I've had them a few times when I didn't have the energy to shop or cook, but they are ridiculously overpriced and bland. $3.00 for a small frozen scoop of beans and rice, which are some of the cheapest staple foods you can buy. Meat costs more than either one and you can get 2 meat burritos for a dollar.
Yes, I know adding healthy, organic, gluten-free or vegan to labels automatically triples the price.

I forgot about the burritos. I've had them a few times when I didn't have the energy to shop or cook, but they are ridiculously overpriced and bland. $3.00 for a small frozen scoop of beans and rice, which are some of the cheapest staple foods you can buy. Meat costs more than either one and you can get 2 meat burritos for a dollar.
Yes, I know adding healthy, organic, gluten-free or vegan to labels automatically triples the price.

I have just seen Amy's burritos and the gluten free pizza in another hypermarket. The former is at a whopping 3.50 € and the pizza ( the size of a snack and not a meal) 2.75 €. I wouldn't even consider buying them out of curiosity as I could make a whole batch of pizza and burritos for that price.:eek:

Last edited:
I like the frozen enchilada dinners (vegan!) and the canned vegetable soup the best. I also like the frozen veggie bowls and the frozen pizzas.

I like Amy's baked ziti, teriyaki bowl, tofu scramble, thai coconut soup, red curry, veggie loaf, toaster pops, chocolate cake, margherita pizza (vegan) and the cheeseless pizza. :)
Amy's meals are nice on occasion, but rely on them too much and they become boring.

Last edited:
Has anyone mentioned the (gluten free) daiya cheese macaroni and cheese? Delicioso, and there's way too much Daiya imo, so I stretch it by cooking and adding some pasta. :)

I prefer Earth Balance mac n cheese, but the Amy's version was the first ever vegan mac n cheese I liked :) I liked to put May Wah ham and bbq sauce in it.

Reactions: ledboots