News Amtrak

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
Amtrak Train Derails On Overpass In Washington, Causing 'Multiple Fatalities'

1218_derailment-1000x657.jpg

Amtrak Commuter Train Derails on I-5 Freeway in Washington State

It wouldn't surprise me if this is the result of some serious incompetence. Pretty much anyone who's ever ridden Amtrak has a handful of horror stories or at least uncomfortable or "off" things about their ride.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is the result of some serious incompetence. Pretty much anyone who's ever ridden Amtrak has a handful of horror stories or at least uncomfortable or "off" things about their ride.
I have never had a negative experience on Amtrak. (Although, of course, it in no way measures up to German trains, for instance.)

I love train rides. Very relaxing.

When there's a truck on the tracks, there's not much the people in charge of the train can do about it.

Today's incident appears to be the result of a switch being thrown that diverted the Amtrak train from the main track to the track where the empty freight train was parked. (Although of course no formal finding has yet been made.) The tracks and the switching system in the area where the accident occurred are controlled by the freight company which owns the freight train, not Amtrak.