TV & Film America's Got Talent contestant

sleepydvdr

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I just watched this past week's AGT. One of the contestants had about a 4 minute interview where he couldn't go more than 2 seconds without stuttering, which was from an injury from being in the army. However, he sang an entire Garth Brooks song flawlessly without a single stutter. Right after singing the song, he went right back to stuttering.

Is this possible?

Yes, I think that's actually somewhat common for stutterers (i.e. that they don't stutter when they sing). Strange how that works.

I seem to recall a story I heard on the radio somewhere where a guy could talk to animals or himself, in private, without stuttering, but had a very severe stutter when talking to people.

Thank you guys for the answers. That is interesting. I wasn't looking for any more info on this subject, but I just ran across an article about how his story seems to have some holes in it.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/americas-g...imothy-poe-defends-afghanistan-200219931.html

I don't really care whether he really is confused about his past or if he was lying. He sang that Garth Brooks song as good as Garth Brooks. That's pretty awesome.

I guess he knew the AGT formula that a singer with a moving story always wins.