TV & Film America's Got Talent contestent - is this possible?

sleepydvdr

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I just watched this past week's AGT. One of the contestants had about a 4 minute interview where he couldn't go more than 2 seconds without stuttering, which was from an injury from being in the army. However, he sang an entire Garth Brooks song flawlessly without a single stutter. Right after singing the song, he went right back to stuttering.

Is this possible?

cornsail

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Yes, I think that's actually somewhat common for stutterers (i.e. that they don't stutter when they sing). Strange how that works.

RabbitLuvr

I love rabbits.
Reaction score
I seem to recall a story I heard on the radio somewhere where a guy could talk to animals or himself, in private, without stuttering, but had a very severe stutter when talking to people.

OP
OP
sleepydvdr

sleepydvdr

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the answers. That is interesting. I wasn't looking for any more info on this subject, but I just ran across an article about how his story seems to have some holes in it.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/americas-g...imothy-poe-defends-afghanistan-200219931.html

I don't really care whether he really is confused about his past or if he was lying. He sang that Garth Brooks song as good as Garth Brooks. That's pretty awesome.

cornsail

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I guess he knew the AGT formula that a singer with a moving story always wins.