Amazon associates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damo

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I'm trialling out another way to monetise the forum by using Amazon referral links, for those of you based in the UK and US I would very much appreciate it if you could use the forums referral links when purchasing which will generate a little income from your purchase with Amazon.

Using our referral links is fairly straight forward you simply just need to use either this link if you're based in the UK or this link if you are based in the US, both links will take you to the Amazon store where you can make your purchase as normal.

If you have any questions or issues feel free to drop myself a message.

Thank you!

Do you have a paypal we can send donations to?

Hello Sax, I really wanted a way to generate income that didn't involve direct donations.

However I could setup a perk that would allow an ad-free experience as a reward for those that donate?

Say £1 a month or £10 for the year, what do you think?

That sounds reasonable. Although anyone who values an ad-free experience probably has a browser add on providing that already.

I bet the user base of this site is socially responsible enough that we could be self-supported without involving any third-party profiteers, but you would know better than me. I don't even know what the operating costs are, how much labor you put in or what your goals for the site are, so far be it from me to push an agenda. I just don't want to be a freeloader. I'm still new here but it seems like a good community, and I'd be happy to support it without serving any corporate interests.

[/anticapitalistrant]

True, the forum does present a notification to users that block ads asking to white-list.

There's cheaper ways to operate the site such as shared hosting but I don't feel that they're secure enough especially as most providers overload their severs, I'd rather keep using a more enclosed dedicated environment especially as it gives me a lot more freedom. Happy to hear your feedback though, I'll likely have something setup for next weekend hopefully. :)

Hello @Sax, I haven't forgotten about this just fairly preoccupied at the moment. Will update the thread once I've implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.