Alpro in France

I wonder whether they plan to sell Alpro yogurt and cream, as it is by far the best that I have ever tasted ?

I'm all for integration of "alternative" products with the regular, more familiar products for that reason. When the mainstream supermarkets here in the U.S. started carrying more veg*an and organic items, they were banished to a separate section, but now most of them are with or next to their mainstream counterparts, so shoppers know they have more choices. Many customers are also looking specifically for those items and look for them in the section of the supermarket they expect to find them in.

Last edited:
I'm all for integration of "alternative" products with the regular, more familiar products for that reason. When the mainstream supermarkets here in the U.S. started carrying more veg*an and organic items, they were banished to a separate section, but now most of them are with or next to their mainstream counterparts, so shoppers know they have more choices. Many customers are also looking specifically for those items and look for them in the section of the supermarket they expect to find them.

I would imagine that for people that aren't doting with a curious nature, it may be a good thing. They would stumble over products that they didn't know existed.
However, most people shop in giant hypermarkets over here. We don't have many supermarkets so trying to shop in a giant space makes things easier when you know where the products are.

I'm all for integration of "alternative" products with the regular, more familiar products for that reason. When the mainstream supermarkets here in the U.S. started carrying more veg*an and organic items, they were banished to a separate section, but now most of them are with or next to their mainstream counterparts, so shoppers know they have more choices. Many customers are also looking specifically for those items and look for them in the section of the supermarket they expect to find them in.
I agree. One annoying trend I see now is rebranding by the dairy industry. They are selling fancy cow milk by calling it New Horizons, saying it is triple filtered and has more protein and doubling the price. It has taken up shelf space previously held by plant milks. V annoying.

I was in Carrefour's yesterday and the Alpro products that are left are barely visible. They only have a few cartons of soya and oat milk left. The store isn't doing much to promote the range.

It is such a shame as their products taste fabulous.