Air Fryers

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
My roommate got an air fryer for xmas, and since she doesn't cook, it means I got an air fryer for xmas. :p

Has anyone used one of these? Do you have any good recipes and suggestions on using it, time and temps for different foods? The recipe book that came with it is all omni recipes, mostly sea food.

I used to have one and used to make chips, tofu, vegetables and seitan. It is actually the same as a fan assisted mini oven so
you can cook any kind of dry food in it. You can judge to see if the food is cooked by it's colour.

My one was very noisy and I couldn't watch the TV whilst it was on as I have an open plan sitting room and kitchen.

Reactions: Calliegirl
How long did you cook the seitan for, and was it in a loaf or nugget type pieces?

This one can also bake cakes (very small cakes), cupcakes, and toast sandwiches. I'm going to try making a veggie burger patty in it, I like them nice and crispy outside.

This one can also bake cakes (very small cakes), cupcakes, and toast sandwiches. I'm going to try making a veggie burger patty in it, I like them nice and crispy outside.

Is it similar to the Gowise one where there is no paddle ? I used to have an Actifry which had a paddle and you could actually see the food cooking.