Children Aha! Moments. Kids Making Connections.

VeggieLady

Newcomer
Reaction score
We haven't always been vegan. But my children have spent more time being vegan than not. I try to share my stories of their "Aha!" moments but those who are not vegan don't really get it. So, now all of you can share those moments that make us proud activists when our little ones catch on.

On boxing day, we got a ride home from family events from "Nana." There were a couple of people walking on the road in the snow and they didn't notice the vehicle approaching. Nana said something about it, and my five year old for some reason thought she was talking about a squirrel. She said something to the effect "Oh I'm not going to run you over."

And my son says "If you're going to try to not hit a squirrel when you're driving, why would you eat animals? If you're not vegan, why would you try to not hurt an animal?"

Love his genious brain. ♥ Basically, he was trying to say that a squirrel in the road would be no different from a "meat" animal. So to him, eating one but trying to save another didn't make any sense.​